Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 25, 2018

Pablo Ferro (January 1935 – November 2018)?

Pablo Ferro, title designer: main title sequence
Pablo Ferro, title designer - uncredited
November 2018 certainly has been a surreal WTF(?) month for me, as it feels like I'm in the eye of a personal pop-cultural Kubrick inspired synch-storm.
And now I see the passing of Pablo Ferro on November 16th, just days before I saw David Byrne's 'American Utopia' concert on the Gold Coast -
Australia Nudges Switzerland Off Top of Global Median Wealth List?
David Byrne using his brain on
 stage Wednesday night;-)
I guess it all started on November 9th, 2018 when I met the two actors who played the leads in Kubrick's '2001:A Space Odyssey' at a 50th anniversary screening in my hometown of Brisbane and then on November 11th hear of the passing of the actor who voiced HAL the computer in the same movie -
9/11 Screening of 2001: A Space Odyssey?
A HAL of a Surreal Trip Down Memory Lane?
"[commenting on how the title sequence of "Dr. Strangelove" came about] He [Stanley Kubrick] asked me what I thought about human beings.
I said one thing about human beings is that everything that is mechanical, that is invented, is very sexual.
We looked at each other and realized - the B-52, refueling in mid-air, of course, how much more sexual can you get?!
He loved the idea.
He wanted to shoot it with models we had, but I said let me take a look at the stock footage, I am sure that [the makers of those planes] are very proud of what they did and, sure enough, they had shot the plane from every possible angle."
Track 6 "Eyes Wide Open"
Pablo didn't do the titles to 'Eyes Wide Shut' or any of the B-52's stuff as far as I know, I just put them into this post because of Pablo's quote at his IMDB page about the B-52 sequence in 'Dr. Strangelove'.
Pablo Ferro, title designer:
main title sequence
Pablo Ferro, title designer
(main title design: Ferro, Mohammed &
 Schwartz, Inc. - uncredited) 
Pablo Ferro, main title designer
2018 and that Sinking/Synching Feeling?
It certainly has been a synching/sinking year for me as far as synchronicity and water themes have played out in my life this year.
I must have intuited something about the events of this year when I bought that calendar last year.
And not that I think Pablo was any more into Thelema than I am, but he ended his life with 93 movie credits on his IMDB page;-)
Pablo Ferro, main title sequence -
uncredited
There's one for all you Fundie "conspiracy theorists" to sink your false teeth into.
Not that I'm saying all conspiracy theories are wrong, but some just don't make sense and they usually come from the Bible thumpers IMO.
You were a "once in a lifetime" artist Pablo, just like Kubrick was.
My randomly assigned seat for
  
'American Utopia':-)
93;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment