Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 1, 2018

Being a Disgruntled Tourist in My Hometown?

The Brisbane City Hall 
I picked up 'The Heritage Guide' when I was out at Wolston Farmhouse a few weeks back -
Wolston Farmhouse and Life on the Farm?
A magpie getting comfy on the farmhouse porch
I enjoyed my day out at the farm and thought I should be more of a tourist in my hometown, so last week I picked up 'The Heritage Guide' and thought I would visit the Brisbane CBD and look around the same area Halfasheep shot his video (below) in a few years back.
I saw that there was a tour at the Queensland Masonic Memorial Centre every Friday at 2.00pm, so last Friday I headed into the Brisbane CBD to be a tourist in my hometown and to take that tour.
The Queensland Masonic Memorial Centre
 I paid the $17 daily rate and parked my car at a Southbank parking station and walked in 36 degree (Celsius) heat to the top of Ann Street to do the 2pm tour, but there wasn't one.
The doors to the centre were locked tight Friday afternoon.
So much for the tour, so I headed down to the Eternal Flame and was going to check out the room under the flame and walk around the square like Halfasheep did in his video.
Central railway station
But no, the square was being dug up and the room under the flame was closed off.
When the hell did this happen?
I read the newspapers and watch the local TV news, but I never heard about this revamp happening.
I thought how is this work going to be finished before Remembrance Day (Nov 11th)? 
Well, I've since learned from watching the news all this week that it won't be finished and a lot of people are mad about it.
OK then I thought I'll head down to City Hall since I haven't been in there since it was refurbished.
I thought I would take a look in the main hall and maybe then ride the elevator up to the top of the clock tower.
But no, the main hall was more or less closed, as some group had booked it out and were having something like an Amway conference inside.
And as for the clock tower, there were signs telling you to take the elevator to the 3rd floor if you want to go up the clock tower, but every elevator I got in had the 3rd floor locked off , so I gave up on trying to get up there before the clock struck three.
As I'm walking out off the CBD and back to Southbank I hear the clock striking three like a big "up yours" to me from City Hall.
A bin chicken (ibis) walking out of the State Library
Thoth, Writing, Books, Magazines and SubSCRIPTions?
I thought I'd pick up my free mystery gift for being a GOMA member from the GOMA store and my free exhibition ticket and see the latest exhibition on at GOMA.
Turned out my free gift was a crappy library bag with coloured dots all over it (which I gave to my mother) and that there was no exhibition on at GOMA at the moment.
Kind of wasn't surprised by now to tell the truth.
Hmm, P!nk Serpent?
Humour in Today’s Society ... and in Synchomysticism and Synchronicity?
At least I found the Bohdi tree and wrote this post after seeing it on Friday -
The BrizVegas Bohdi Tree?
I thought what a waste of a day and $17 parking this day turned out to be, so I decided to walk down to the Southbank cinemas and see what was on at this time of day.
Turned out not much that I wanted to see, as I had just missed getting there in time to see the new 'A Star is Born' and my choice was either 'First Man' or the new 'Halloween', which I had just seen the night before with my sons.
I heard 'First Man' was getting rave reviews, so I bought a ticket to see it, even though I didn't buy the story of Armstrong being the "First Man" -
First Man?
My rating of the film?
4 yawns.
On the way back to my car I saw a bunch of people wearing masks and didn't know if it was a reenactment of a scene out of 'V for Vendetta' or 'Eyes Wide Shut'.
Either way, with the way my luck was going that day I wasn't about to ask them.
Turned out to be about the most interesting thing I saw all day, apart from the bin chicken I saw walk out of the State Library and the Bohdi tree.
I'd like to see Chris Hemsworth sell that day out in Brisbane back to me again:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment