Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 6, 2018

The Synchromysticism of October 6th and Six Degrees of Dennis Quaid?

Dennis Quaid in 'Jaws 3-D'
I wrote about a screening of the movie 'Jaws 2' taking place at a swimming pool in my hometown of Brisbane on October 6th and a couple of shark attacks happening before that screening in Queensland in this post -
Queensland's Jaws 2?
The Meg?-)
Quentin Kenihan farewelled in star-studded memorial service in Adelaide
I also wrote a post about Quentin Kenihan passing away on October 6th, 2018
Remembering Quentin Kenihan and the Elephants in the Room?
The Meg?-)
After watching a "synch film" starring Dennis Quaid and Sean Connery about the movie 'Dragonheart' by Tim Murphy, who I wrote about in this post - 
The Tale of Two Tim Murphys?
 Sean Connery as the Dragon
Some People Wouldn't See a Synch if it Bit Them on the Asp?
I looked up Sean Connery's late ex-wife's movie roles on IMDB and was stunned to see that she also passed away on October 6th, but in 2011.
Diane Cilento as Miss Rose
Diane Cilento played the character of Miss Rose in the original 'The Wicker Man' movie.
Then I also see in the news that actor Scott Wilson passed away on October 6th, 2018.
Apart from the amusing fact that Sean Connery is also a Scot (being from Scotland;-), Scott Wilson played the character of Scott Crossfield in the movie 'The Right Stuff', a film also starring Dennis Quaid as Gordon Cooper.
Scott Wilson as President Fremont in 'Radio Free Albemuth'
But to me, apart from Scott's mainly fine acting roles, he will always be President Fremont from the PKD inspired movie 'Radio Free Albemuth' (which I helped to fund to cinema screens through a crowd-funding campaign).
Now that's a trailer if I ever saw one ... and I've emptied my fair share of 'em working for a Swedish furniture store for over 24 years.
My #200 of 1000 RFA Kick-starter reward DVDs
Radio Free Albemuth: Isn't It Ironic?
42 Minutes 07.02.13 Episode 91: John Alan Simon & Elizabeth Karr
Ironically enough, John Alan Simon, who directed, wrote and produced 'Radio Free Albemuth' , was also responsible for distributing 'The Wicker Man' (starring Sean Connery's ex-wife) in the United States.
Diane Cilento and Edward Woodward in
  
The Wicker Man (1973)
Now here is where the post gets weird, if it isn't already.
Apart from the movie 'Back to the Future' starting off in 1985 and the movie 'Radio Free Albemuth' being set in 1985, Dennis Quaid and Lea Thompson both starred in 'Jaws 3-D' and soon became an item in real life for a few years.
The 'Back to the Future 2' 3-D shark scene
Now, I also happen to be a life-long Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks supporter and I pick up the October 14th Queensland newspaper and see the North Queensland Cowboys captain
(Johnathan Thurston) on the front page with the second shark victim who ended up losing her leg.
On October 6th, 2016 I wrote a post about being in Sydney to watch the Sharks beat the North Queensland Cowboys on my birthday 23rd of September, 2016 -
My Happiest Birthday Ever
I'm NOT a part of Robert Anton Wilson's Discordian "religion" if you were wondering.
9/23/16?!
Johnathan Thurston is retired now, and I notice in his playing stats that he kicked 923 goals and 16 field goals in his playing career, which coincidentally makes up the numbers to write the date September 23rd, 2016, just sayin';-)
The Cowboy's coach (Paul Green) was an ex-Sharks player, by the way.
Shark Week in the Year of the Monkey
 23rd of September, 2016
What I found synchromystically jaw-dropping in the story below was that the young shark-attack victim had her leg removed at a children's hospital that used to be named after Diane Cilento's mother, Lady Cilento.
Queensland's Jaws 2?
Scenes from 'JAWS'
July 26th is Stanley Kubrick's
 birthday
BTW;-)
As I was putting this post together yesterday, I heard about a third shark-attack victim in the same area, who has since died from his injuries I found out this morning.
Cid Harbour shark victim dies from attack at same spot where two tourists were also bitten
In the movie 'Dragonheart' Dennis Quaid plays a character named Bowen.
Bowen is a coastal town and locality in the Whitsunday Region on the eastern coast of Queensland, Australia pretty close to the area of the recent Queensland shark-attacks.
Adelaide Point is near Bowen, as well.
Richard Arrowsmith's blog
Sean Connery
Heath Ledger
Heath Ledger
I kind of think Dennis Quaid and Sean Connery's acting roles tie into this old Richard Arrowsmith sync film, too -
The Sync Serpent 1
Dennis Quaid plays the role of real-life shark attack victim Bethany Hamilton's father Tom in the movie 'Soul Surfer' oddly enough, as well.
"On October 31, 2003, Hamilton, aged 13 at the time, went for a morning surf along Tunnels Beach, Kauai, with her best friend Alana Blanchard, Alana's father, Holt, and brother Byron. Around 7:30 a.m with numerous turtles in the area, she was lying on her surfboard with her left arm dangling in the water, when a 14-foot-long (4.3 m) tiger shark attacked her, severing her left arm just below the shoulder."
Tarot Trump #18
2018 is the Chinese 'Year of the Dog', so maybe Richard Arrowsmith's Dark Knight synch film might be worth a watch, too -
Dark Knight of the Sol
Oh, and there is a Mt. Buckley just outside of the town of Bowen -
Buckley's Chance, Tsunamis, Bad Luck and the Siren?
Reporter Andrew Hamilton?!
Nathan Buckley, the losing 2018 AFL Grand Final coach
Quaid as Dexter Cornell in the 1988  'D.O.A'
For me though with this post the synch elephant in the room ... or should that be 'The MEG' ... is Meg Ryan, former love interest of both Russell Crowe and Dennis Quaid.
Mind Sharks in the 'Year of the Dog'?
When 'D.O.A' (not that I've ever seen it) came out in 1988, it was the same year on November 19th (Meg's birthday) that I got married to my now ex-wife.
Trust that scumbag Manson to die on my ex-wedding anniversary and Meg's birthday.
But life is full of weird coincidences, right?
Like today when the biggest horse race in Australia was won by #23.
My winning $540 Melbourne Cup ticket today
Pity that I didn't push my luck on an exacta with my birthdate of 23/9:-(
Can't win'em all, I guess.
That's life ... as weird and as cruel as it seems.
And while people like to blame a mythological figure like the devil for all the bad stuff that goes down in the world, believe me it is all GOD.
Or should that be all GOOD as the hippies like to say, just before they step into an oncoming bus?
"I have spoken to his highness and he's over the moon about this result."
When in Rome
I told you it's all a game of cards;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment