Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 16, 2019

Yesterday I Decided to See Yesterday Tomorrow Which Was Today?

My movie ticket ended in the numbers 237:-)
Released July 26th in the USA on
Kubrick's and Jung's birthdays:-)
Yesterday I planned on seeing 'Yesterday' and
'Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood' at the same cinema complex, but I couldn't get the movie times to line up with the sessions available, so I decided yesterday to come back tomorrow and see 'Yesterday', which I did today.
Both movies deal with the re-imagined events of real life entertainers and artists and what if scenarios that would have changed everyone's future to some degree.
If only the past could be changed when looking back from a 2019 vantage point.
And both movies are trying to cash in on 50 year anniversaries that are taking place in 2019.
I noticed that Mike Moh who plays Bruce Lee was born in 1983, the Year of the Pig and is a Leo:-)
Transition into Leo ♌️ and the 8-8-2019 Lions Gate Activation ... Sirius-ly?
'Yesterday' is a song by the English rock band The Beatles, written by Paul McCartney (credited to Lennon–McCartney), and first released on the album Help! in the United Kingdom on August 6th 1965, coincidentally that was the 20th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima.
""Yesterday", with the B-side "Act Naturally", was released as a single in the United States in September 1965.
It reached #1 in the American charts.
And in October the song also hit the British top 10 in a cover version by Matt Monro.
The song also appeared on the UK EP "Yesterday" in March 1966 and the Beatles' US album Yesterday and Today, released in June 1966."
My father passed away on September 13th, 2016, so I shouldn't forget the US release date of 'Yesterday' from now on, unless I get dementia like he did.
Ep. 2: Blindfolded
Anthony Bourdain (1956–2018)
""Yesterday" is a melancholy ballad about the break-up of a relationship.
The singer nostalgically laments for yesterday when he and his love were together, before she left because of something he said."
Lily James shares her birthday with Jane Asher?!
"According to biographers of McCartney and the Beatles, McCartney composed the entire melody in a dream one night in his room at the Wimpole Street home of his then girlfriend Jane Asher and her family.
Upon waking, he hurried to a piano and played the tune to avoid forgetting it.
McCartney's initial concern was that he had subconsciously plagiarised someone else's work (known as cryptomnesia).
As he put it, "For about a month I went round to people in the music business and asked them whether they had ever heard it before.
Eventually it became like handing something in to the police.
I thought if no one claimed it after a few weeks then I could have it."
Upon being convinced that he had not robbed anyone of their melody, McCartney began writing lyrics to suit it.
As Lennon and McCartney were known to do at the time, a substitute working lyric, titled "Scrambled Eggs" (the working opening verse was "Scrambled eggs/Oh my baby how I love your legs/Not as much as I love scrambled eggs"), was used for the song until something more suitable was written.
The original song, "Scrambled Eggs", was written to hold the music and phrasing in place."
I am the Egg-man, they are the Egg-man, I am the walrus?
We Are the Walruses?
This post is getting like a weird drug trip or an episode of
'The X-Files' don't you think?-)
'Where Does Music Come From' and Random-Alien-Brain-Droppings?
When the main star of 'Yesterday' gets hit by a bus when a massive world wide blackout occurs, I couldn't help thinking of those reported UFO sightings where all the electricity is drained from anything electrical and people waking up from an encounter with missing time.
Wow, Chris Carter and Himesh Patel were both born on 10/13?-)
"The name of his production company, Ten Thirteen Productions, comes from Chris Carter's birth-date, 10/13/1956.
On The X-Files (1993), Mulder's birthday was also 10/13."
Jake Kotze was born on Kurt Russell's birthday (March 17th), so he is probably a bit more of a fan of his movies than I am.
A bit like Andras Jones and Rodney Ascher sharing the same birthday I guess?-)
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: Natalie Wood and Andras Jones?
Released in 71/72 during the Year of the Pig, just sayin';-) 
Jack Nicholson was born 4/22/37, too:-)
I started writing this post yesterday before I went to bed, more as a stream of consciousness post, which is why I had the huge letters "POST STILL IN PROGRESS" at the bottom of the post until I could awake the next day and finish it.
This post is a rabbit hole that could go on forever ... and I'm sure that it does.
But I have to end it somewhere, so this is probably a good spot to do so, but one more thing before I do.
As I was leaving the cinema I noticed a "coming soon" movie poster for Teresa Palmer's new movie 'Ride Like a Girl', directed by
'Six Feet Under''s Rachel Griffiths.
Cherry on the Brain?
Teresa Palmer as Melody?!
Apparently the movie 'Ride Like a Girl' is being released in September, pretty close to September 13th from what I can tell from preview screening dates.
My father always told me to watch out for those female jockeys when studying the form;-)
BTTF and Off to the Races with Lana Del Rey on Melbourne Cup Day?
Maybe life isn't the gamble we all seem to think it is?-)
Close, but no cigar there Sam;-)
Happy Birthday for September 14th, 2019 Sam.
My 'Once ...' opening day (Australia) ticket ending in #237:-) 
Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment