Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 28, 2023

Killers of the Flower Moon and The Columbian Exchange?🍿πŸ₯”πŸŸ

When I went to see
'
Killers of the Flower Moon' last Wednesday with my youngest son, it wasn't lost on me after just having finished watching the Great Courses streaming network's 24-part lecture series the 'Native Peoples of North America' that without the Columbian Exchange happening that we probably wouldn't being sitting in a cinema eating potato chips and popcorn.
The back of my Australian potato chip packet
And especially in an Australian cinema, too.
Native Peoples of North America
Looks like the continent of Australia also got the best and worst of both "new" worlds in the Columbian Exchange.
Watching that 24-part lecture series was an eye-opener in more ways than one for an Australian like me who didn't really know too much as far as North American "history" goes.
I've been watching the lecture series over the last few weeks to learn more about Native American history before I began reading 'Book of the Hopi', so it was a coincidence that I finished watching the series before seeing a movie about another Native American tribe this week -
The Book of the Hopi by Frank Waters Turns 60 years Old This Year?πŸŒŠπŸ‡πŸ°
I was also surprised to see actor Gene Jones who played the gas station attendant from 'No Country for Old Men' in 'Killers of the Flower Moon' giving advice to another character about "watching your pennies":-)
Especially, since I bought a few Cormac McCarthy novels which crossed my path this week, including 'No Country for Old Men'.

No comments:

Post a Comment