Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 2, 2020

Trust Your Own Way?

I saw the news on the internet last night that
Stephen Russell (AKA The Barefoot Doctor) had passed away the same day as Kobe Bryant did, January 26th, 2020, which in my part of the world was Australia Day -
Megan, Australia Day and the New Moon?
Lamington Drives are fundraising events
 where
lamingtons are sold
Bizarrely I was sorting out my DVDs when I had pulled my copy of Jung's The Red Book out of my bookcase to have a read of, and the Barefoot Doctor's DVD on Tai Chi fell out (because it was near the Red Book) on to my carpet.
I picked up and looked at the Tai Chi Workout DVD of the 
Barefoot Doctor's and asked myself if I could honestly see myself playing this DVD anymore and following the exercises, or should I give it away to someone who might use it rather than it rotting on my self?
I'd already given his book
'The Man Who Drove with His Eyes Closed' away years ago when I moved house and was doing a de-clutter.
So I decided then and there to see if my mother's friend would be interested in having the DVD, as she was my mum's age and I thought Tai Chi was right up her and her husband's alley.
I also gave my Steve Irwin coin away to my nephew's girlfriend, as she likes collecting coins like that one.
I kind of wondered at the time what the Barefoot Doc was up to these days, not that I had ever met him in real life or interacted with him over the net, but I thought back to reading his book and thought I'll have to check up and see what he is up to these days.
But I forgot to.
In hindsight though I posted my post about de-cluttering on January 26th, 2020, which was the day he passed away.
The Man Who Drove With His Eyes Closed (Part 1)
Creative Chaos vs. Clutter ... and a Thousand and One Books to Read Before I Die?
The Man Who Drove With His Eyes Closed (Part 2)
Reading through those old posts about reading the Barefoot Doc's book it looks like I never did get around to writing part 3 of that post, which is a shame now as I would have liked to know what I had planned to write back then.
Nothing much has changed since then as I now have about over one hundred posts I want to write at the moment, but I can't write them all at once, can I?
There is only so much time in the game of life and if those one hundred posts don't see the light of day, so be it.
Such is life and I'll let God sort it out for me without giving God something to laugh at:-)
The Barefoot Doc only made it to the start of the 2020 Rat race before departing for the void and it's funny that in hindsight certain dates that weren't important once before become important as life rolls on, for instance the doc's birthday of September 13th is a date that now hits me every time it rolls around as my father passed away on September 13th in 2016, so that date is etched on my memory until I can't remember any more.
Thanks for the memories Doc and we may catch up in the future somewhere in this rabbit hole of life and death.
Cheers mate.
If I hadn't have checked my stats last night at this time I wouldn't have been aware of your passing Doc.
Born in 1948, the Year of the Rat:-)
Life always finds a WAY I guess to show you the WAY:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment