Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 11, 2017

'Barker of the UFO' and Pugs?

A Pug in a scene from the movie 'Dune'
A few weeks ago, I was writing posts about the Bee Gees and came across a curious song of theirs's which was on the B-side of their single 'Massachusetts' named 'Barker of the UFO'.
""Words", Sinking Ships", "Barker of the UFO" and "Sir Geoffrey Saved the World" were recorded during the 'Horizontal' album's sessions. Though none were included on the album, they all featured on singles. "Words" was a massive worldwide hit while the other three all appeared on B-sides."
Barker Of The UFO
Barker sing me a song
Instead of counting trees,
Collecting aeroplane numbers now, Mr Barker
Clitheroe shine my shoes
Fly me to the moon,
Never before have I seen the like Mr Barker
Then the moment of depression fell around, Mr Barker
And the changes of expression to a frown, my friend Barker
There must be something there
Shadow of a light meaning men we are here, Mr Barker
Then the moment of depression fell around, Mr Barker
And the changes of expression to a frown, my friend Barker
There must be something there
Shadow of a light meaning men we are here, Mr Barker
Mr Barker sing me a song,
Instead of counting trees
Collecting aeroplane numbers now, Mr Barker
Clitheroe shine my shoes
Fly me to the moon,
Never before have I seen the like, Mr Barker.

I was also listening to the latest 'Mysterious Universe' podcast at the time which was about nature walks through forests and the sinking of the Titanic conspiracy, but they also mentioned a pug that wouldn't stop barking (Mr. Barker?-) and was stressed out suffering from PTSD according to its owner -
17.11 – MU Podcast
I also learned as I was listening to the podcast that was talking (Words?-) about sinking ships that the Bee Gees had recorded a song called 'Sinking Ships' for the same album that 'Barker of the UFO' was going to be placed on, but neither song made the album and were placed on B sides of singles.
I also thought it was weird that these guys in the MU podcast were going on about circles that people liked or didn't like on their website, or app, or something, and the single cover for the Bee Gees 'Words/Sinking Ships' single had circles all over the cover.
I had also seen a news story that morning on the ABC news website about pugs -
Pugs and bulldogs living miserable lives because of reckless breeding, vets say
Everything seemed to be synching that morning for me, you might say:-)
I then went over to the 'Those Conspiracy Guys' website, because I knew they had an episode about the Titanic conspiracy, but then I see the screenshot above of a pug on 'Those Conspiracy Guys' website.
'Those Conspiracy Guys' Makes You Tink, I Think;-)
But the 'Barker of the UFO' song of the Bee Gees I found ironically relevant when reading the lyrics of the song while listening to the MU podcast.
'Barker of the UFO' mentions Mr. Barker (barking pug?) counting trees and collecting plane numbers while sinking into depression while presumably looking for UFOs.
Spice anyone?
I couldn't help thinking of the pug out of the movie 'Dune' in the battle over 'spice'.
London Bridge is down? Although, that's
 the
Tower Bridge the bus is jumping
I was also writing another post about the Spice Girls, so 'Dune' seemed rather relevant as the "spice" was what was being mined in 'Dune' to make their spaceships go.
It's funny, I never used to like 'The Spice Girls' ... and I still don't:-) 
David Lynch in 'Dune'
The pug in 'Dune'
Maybe the pugs aren't what they seem, Mr. Barker?-)
But I guess pugs make for good synchronicity links when writing a post like this one.
17:11?!
I'm listening to a podcast that runs for 17 minutes and 11 seconds at the moment (17:11) which is going in an upcoming post about the novel I have just read and noticed the MU podcast is numbered 17:11.
Click here if you would like to
 hear
Kathryn being interviewed
Kathryn Heyman Interview
Page 293 of Kathryn Heyman's novel 'Floodline'
mentions the Titanic, too:-)
Talk about sinking/synching;-)
A Walk of Art and Synch in Redcliffe

No comments:

Post a Comment