Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 7, 2017

Is LIFE the Flip-side of the Coin/Mirror to Donnie Darko?

Apart from 'L I F E' being a big 'A L I E N' rip-off, is it is also a flip side of the coin/mirror to 'Donnie Darko' in a way?
"A team of scientists aboard the International Space Station discover a rapidly evolving life form, that caused extinction on Mars, and now threatens the crew and all life on Earth."
I saw the new Jake Gyllenhaal movie 'L I F E ' last night because my eldest son wanted to see it.
I probably never would have watched this movie if it wasn't for my son wanting to see it.
He's 24, but we usually keep in touch (because I'm divorced from his [try not to swear here Darren] mother) by catching a movie at the cinema.
At first, I thought what a rip-off of the 'A L I E N' movie format this movie was (the title of the movie even appears on the screen with the letters of the title spaced like the 'Alien' title) where the alien chases down crew members one by one with great visual effects, until there is only one crew member left.
SPOILER ALERT
Jake's character is the last one to survive, more or less, and he is responsible for bringing the 'A L I E N' to earth ... GAME OVER.
As opposed to the movie 'Donnie Darko' where he sacrifices himself to save the world/universe.
Just sayin'
Happy Easter...but don't worry, it's not the end of the world ... yet;-)
Oh ... and the film 'L I F E ' ends with this song oddly enough, considering my last post, if you read all of the links to it -
Fate vs Free Will

No comments:

Post a Comment