Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 3, 2017

The Joy of Green Eyes

I found the above magazine in my cupboard the other day under a pile of other magazines I am yet to read, as well.
I remember buying it at a Sunnybank newsagent along with a Chinese calendar one year, but I didn't realize that the year was 2012, a whole five years ago.
It seems like only yesterday ... well at least one or two years at the most to me.
As I was flicking through the magazine a page of portraits with green eyes caught my green eyes and one of those portraits was of Ruby Rose.
Insert record scratch across a vinyl record here, because I never noticed Ruby Rose having green eyes before.
I can hear you saying typical man, you didn't notice her eyes because you were too busy looking at her tatts:-)
But I have just looked at a heap of Ruby Rose head shots and I still don't know what colour her eyes are, but they aren't really green, they just seem to appear green in some shots which may or may not be re-touched.
I wanted to find out who the artist was behind these green-eyed paintings and it turned out be a local artist by the name of Joy French.
Joy French
I couldn't make out Joy's eye colour, but I'd say they're green.
JOY FRENCH , Artist
Even Joy's animal portraits are trippy, and I love the cat's freaky green eyes.
 I thought being the Chinese Year of the Rooster and with Joy's last name being literally French, maybe she should paint a French rooster (red, white and blue) with green eyes for Bastille Day?
Or what about Felicity Rose Hadley Jones and her green eyes?
Felicity Jones, the Girl with the Green (Alien?-) Eyes
What about painting just one giant green eye?
Or an alien with green eyes?
Green Eyes, a Marker of Alien Hybridity?!
Anyway, they're a few of my creative "far out" ideas for Joy to think about when she is next in her studio.
I'll have to keep an eye on Joy's site from now on;-)

1 comment: