Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 13, 2017

Was Pollock Just a Pineapplehead?

A pineapplehead with a third eye?!
Paul Jackson Pollock
(January 28, 1912 – August 11
, 1956)
Number 11, 1952, also known as Blue Poles
I was listening to the 'Mysterious Universe' podcast -
17.11 – MU Podcast
'Mysterious Universe' show number 17:11?!
the other day and one of the guys on that show brought up the story of Jackson Pollock's paintings being appealing because he tended to paint, deliberately, or not, in fractal patterns.
This was a bit of a mind bomb to me, as I love fractal images, particularly images of pineapples.
I like the pineapple because I think of pinecones (another fractal image) and the pineal gland, which lays in the middle of our brains.
And pineapples and pineal glands remind me of the 'Crowded House' song 'Pineapple Head'.
"Pineapple Head"
Detective is flat
No longer is always flat out
Got the number of the getaway car
Didn't get very far

As lucid as hell
These images moving so fast
Like a fever
So close to the bone
I don't feel too well

And if you choose
To take that path
I will play you like a shark
And I'll clutch at your heart
I'll come flying like a spark
To enflame you

Sleeping alone
For pleasure, the pineapple head
It spins and it spins
Like a number I hold
Don't remember if she was my friend
It was a long time ago

And if you choose
To take that path
I will play you like a shark
And I'll clutch at your heart
I'll come flying like a spark
to enflame you

Sleeping alone
For pleasure, the pineapple head
It spins and it spins
Like a number I hold
Don't remember if she was my friend
It was a long time ago

And if you choose
To take that path
Would you come to make me pay?

I will play you like a shark
And I'll clutch at your heart
I'll come flying like a spark

I will clutch at your heart
And come flying like a spark
To enflame you
.

Fractals in Fruit

""Pineapple Head" is a 1993 song by Australian-New Zealand rock band Crowded House from their fourth studio album Together Alone (never a truer oxymoron, if there was one;-).
It was released as a single in October 1994."
Neon Lampe
""Pineapple Head" was later included on the group's greatest hits compilation Recurring Dream. It was also performed by the band in their farewell concert Farewell to the World in 1996.
The song was left off the initial VHS release and television broadcast, but was, however restored for the ten-year anniversary DVD release.
The single's cover art was created by Reg Mombassa, the artist responsible for creating the clothing brand Mambo Graphics and who had also been a member of popular Australian band Mental as Anything.
The cover features a man with three eyes and a pineapple for a head, indicative of the song title."
"The original inspiration for the song was Neil's son, Liam Finn, who uttered several phrases which later became lyrics while affected by fever.
The song shares musical similarities with "Norwegian Wood"(pinecones?-) by the Beatles."
April 8 Syncs
CD from Tessellations.com
Anyway, I think you know now why I have pineapple art around my unit.
I'll tell you about the white rabbit with the carrot in a future post.
The Upside-Down Pineapple
I wonder if you can buy pineapple Eater eggs?

No comments:

Post a Comment