Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 15, 2022

Halloween Ends? Let's Hope So!🎃

My youngest son asked if I wanted to see 'Halloween Ends' last Wednesday night and grab a meal before the movie.
I said yes, but I wasn't really keen on seeing another Halloween movie, to be honest.
I thought that I might be surprised ... and I was ... at just how bad it was:-)
There was even a no star review in the local newspaper, which was pretty much on the money to me.
107 Sabroso restaurant
Oh well, the restaurant meal was a treat, even if I felt tricked into thinking the movie just might be OK:-) 
And even though Halloween isn't really celebrated in Australia, you wouldn't know it when you look through the junk mail or walk through the supermarkets here.
I noticed that
Will Patton plays Frank (Officer Hawkins) in the latest 'Halloween' trilogy, which ends in the Year of the Tiger, and he also starred with the late Robbie Coltrane in the 1984 movie 'Chinese Boxes' which I mentioned in my post about the passing of Robbie -

UPDATE: October 30th, 2022
Halloween crowd surge in Seoul leaves
more than
140 dead and dozens injured
Very tragic news to wake up to on Halloween eve, 2022.
And it's not lost on me that in my original post above I featured a junk mail flyer from a place called 'Cheap as Chips' advertising 'Squid Game' Halloween costumes.
I watched 'Squid Game' earlier this year and liked it and mentioned it in a post, it's just a shame to see fantasy and reality come together in a tragic kind of way this Halloween -

No comments:

Post a Comment