Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 14, 2022

On the Beach: A Chance to Examine Your Own Thoughts on Mortality?🌊💀

I've read 'On the Beach' a while back and watched the 1959 movie of the book -
A Chance to Exam[ine] Your Own Thoughts on Mortality
On The Beach (Nevil Shute)
And yesterday I caught this book review above where the reviewer is standing in front of a map of Peru, which I thought was weird, as I had just watched a DVD about stone figures in Peru and am writing a post about some odd coincidences surrounding my watching of that DVD.
And South America has pretty much nothing to do with 'On the Beach'.
The Mysterious Stone Monuments
of Markawasi Peru
Oddly enough, Nevil Shute is featured in a book I'm working my way through '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die', (not that I intend reading all the books featured in this book) at the moment, but 'On the Beach' is not his book the author counts among the 1001.
I certainly wouldn't waste my time again reading Henry Miller's 'Tropic of Cancer', which is one of the books counted in the 1001 books you must read book.
1001 Books I Must Read Before I Die ... Including the Banned Ones?📚📖🚫

No comments:

Post a Comment