Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 29, 2022

V is for the Visitors?👽🛸

In the last few weeks a few coincidences led me to watch the 2009-11 V TV re-boot of the original 1983 TV show.
When I was researching my post about the 1982 movie 'Poltergeist' and the supposed curse surrounding the movie, I found out that the last acting credit for the late Dominique Dunne was the role of Robin Maxwell in the 1983 V TV series, but her role was re-cast after she was murdered in real life -
I thought I had the DVD of the first V series in my DVD collection, and which I had never watched and had bought from a bargain bin years ago, but it was the 2009 V series I had bought, not the original.
My DVD
The loVechild of MJ Fox and Tom Cruise?-)
It was certainly interesting watching my DVD in 2022 and realizing that the term "the Visitors" was used in the V series long before Whitley Strieber started using the term, and that the TV show came out years before 'Communion' was released on the world and before people like David Icke started talking about eVil reptilians trying to rule the world.
David Icke played for Coventry City FC?
I guess the elephant in the room here is whether Strieber and Icke both watched V before coming up with what maybe just pop culture fantasies instead of any real encounters?
I mean as much as I like Whitley as a person, if you take a read of his Wikipedia page you would have to admit that he is either an unreliable witness or a fibber.
And Icke may believe what he says about a reptilian race, but who's to say he just didn't have a breakdown in the 90s and confused memories of the lizards in V with his own "reality"?
Cloud Atlas: EVerything is Connected?

No comments:

Post a Comment