Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 22, 2022

1001 TV Series Based on a Book That You Must Watch Before You Die?🐒🙈🙉🙊

I saw the book 'Monkey: A Journey to the West' listed as one of the 1001 books in my book '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die' and thought, hang on, wasn't that the Monkey TV show my kids would watch on the ABC at times when they were growing up and is now screening on Netflix?
Turns out that show was based on the book, so I came up with the brainstorm to watch all the episodes available on Netflix, so I don't have to read the book, and having watched the first 2 episodes I find out there are heaps more and I might be better off reading the unabridged book instead to save time, so I have time for more books to read before I die;-)
And now after listening to a few book review podcasts and You Tubes I find out that there is a fairly new 2021 abridged English translation of the Monkey King story by Julia Lovell.
But now I want to watch all of the Monkey TV episodes, because I find this show funny and educational at the same time, plus I'm still reading 'The Tao of Craft', which is even more ancient Chinese culture for my western mind (or should that be eastern mind, since Australia is technically south-east of China?-)
I like how episode 1 of Monkey aired on May the 4th, 1981;-)
Hmm ... did Clarke and Kubrick get the idea for the monolith at the beginning of 2001 from the Monkey King being stuck in a mountain for 500 years and being freed eventually by a Buddhist monk to start their journey to the west?  
The actor who plays Monkey was
born on 
August 6th?!
I was surprised the Monkey TV show is a Japanese show starring Masaaki Sakai who was born exactly one year after the dropping of the A bomb on Hiroshima.
I guess we all like a good story whether true or not, to watch on our monolithic screens, no matter how big those screens are.
The Best Kept Secret in UFOlogy?🛸👽

No comments:

Post a Comment