Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 9, 2023

A Book You Must Read Before You Die ... Hunger?πŸ“šπŸ˜‹πŸ‘»

I had never heard of the
Norwegian author Knut Hamsun before seeing his book 'Hunger' mentioned as one of the '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die' in the book of the same name.
So, I listened to the book being read to me in English to tick it off my bucket list.
Then I listened to a few podcasts and films about Hamsun and found out that he wouldn't have liked me much, as I'm pretty much everything he didn't like in the world he lived in, with me being part Norwegian (only 2% of my DNA apparently), Scadinavian (39%, mainly Danish), part English (about 10%) and part Jewish.
He really hated the English it seems, even more than Jews.
Hamsun (1996)
Human Side Podcast: Knut Hamsun 
As much as I don't like the guy as a human being, I think he was an important influence on other authors who would follow him in the future, so his work is worth a read on that basis alone, I think.
I even watched the 1966 movie which was based on Hamsun's book, even though I couldn't find a version with English subtitles.
The main character walks aro
und the 1800s Norwegian capital Kristiania (which is now named Oslo) fighting poverty and hunger while giving his twisted observations on life.
I can never remember being hungry for more than a day in my whole life, so watching this movie and thinking about hunger while munching on a snack makes me ponder if that snack was the last meal I had to eat for a few days just how much I would appreciate that snack even more.
Jimmy Buffett Orders a Cheeseburger in Paradise?πŸ”πŸΉ
I certainly have read quite a few books this year ... and I'm not dead yet;-)
Warren Peace (War and Peace;-) and Other Great Books to Read in the Year of the Rabbit?πŸ’£☮πŸ•ŠπŸ‡πŸ°

No comments:

Post a Comment