Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 24, 2023

Talk Gnosis ... Barbie (The Movie)? πŸŽ₯🎎🎬

The latest episode of 'Talk Gnosis' dropped onto my Apple podcast feed last night and while I'm not a "Gnostic" (whatever that really means?) I do enjoy listening to the hosts discussing various topics that are of an interest to me ... such as the 'Barbie' movie;-)
What is Gnosticism: Looking for Chris[t] Gnosis?-)πŸ’©πŸ’­
Unlike so called self-professed 
"synchromystics" like Christopher Knowles at 'The Secret Sun' blog who likes to talk and write about the 'Barbie' movie without having seen or wanting to see the movie, these hosts at
 'Talk Gnosis' did actually see the movie they talk about, and like me they liked it too.
Knowles is becoming more of a "synchromiss-Dick" in my book as time goes on, rather than a "synchromystic", but his paranoid rants are amusing in a PK Dick kind of way, as he makes some rather amusing hits and misses as he descends into his own egoic madness, much like PK Dick did towards the end of his own life.
And it looks like Knowles has another comic book to flog off to his cult followers, #2:-)
But I was never really a comic book fan anyway, like Chris was, and while his first book was an interesting read in a way, I won't be buying the sequel.
I've written about Christopher Knowles and the 'Talk Gnosis' podcast before in this old post -
MeMe Analysis?πŸ˜πŸ’©πŸ€£
I also like how this episode dropped on my birthday this year:-)
Wilde (1997)
The latest book I have finished reading (or listening to it being read to me) is 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' by Oscar Wilde, as well as watching movies and docos about Wilde's life.
And I can't help thinking how this would make a good topic for the next 'Barbie' movie, why Barbie never ages and the topic of a good and evil Barbie.
The Actor/Actress and the Über-Marionette ... or Living Doll?πŸŽ₯🎭🎬
I love Jake Kotze's sync videos above ... and below ... now there is a real "synchromystic" in my book, unlike my old Secret Sun mate.

UPDATE: September 25, 2023
C.G. Jung Helpdesk Podcast 019 - Movie Analysis: Barbie
The above is a Jungian podcast episode I listened to after I had put up this post, which I felt I should include here for anyone interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment