Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 28, 2023

The Mythistory of Oscar Wilde?πŸ—½πŸ‘»

Having read
/listened to Oscar Wilde's novel 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' recently I wanted to know more about Wilde's history and other works he had written.
Being a straight male guy myself it's hard for me to understand the attraction of male homosexuality, pardon the pun, but hey, whatever floats your boat I say.
I've always considered myself a lesbian trapped in a male body, so I can understand female homosexuality way more than I can get my head around male homosexuality ... no pun intended there, if there is one that is:-) 
I was hoping to watch the movie 'Wilde' starring Stephen Fry after viewing a trailer but can't find it to rent or to watch on You Tube, so I watched 'The Happy Prince' on the SBS free streaming service the other night and wondered what this story being told to the boys by Wilde (Everett) in this movie was all about and gives the film its title.
Turns out to my ignorance it was a children's story Wilde wrote.
Weirdly, I've also recently read Victoria Nelson's book 'The Secret Life of Puppets' where she mentions the ancient Egyptians and ancient Greeks believing souls could be literally enslaved in statues.
The Secret Life of Puppets and AI?πŸ€–πŸ“±πŸ“²
Now I'm fascinated by the acting roles of Rupert Everett and want to binge watch his movies at a later date.
Bloody rabbit holes>:-)
I was interested to hear this 'British Scandal' podcast episode below featuring an interview with Oscar's grandson (Merlin Holland), which made me think, just who can you believe when it comes to "history"?
History is just a "he said, she said" account of what is to have supposed to have happened in the past, and human nature being what it is, just who can you believe when it comes to "history"?
History
is always going to be a rough account of what happened, unless you have reliable film footage, maybe?
Great Lives: Oscar Wilde
But I've enjoyed listening to the podcasts I have found on the net, as I try to piece together a mental jig-saw puzzle of just who Oscar was and his influence on the "Collective Unconsciousness" of western society and the world in general, to now and into the future.
Happened Here Podcast: Oscar Wilde 
Fascinating stuff, even for a straight bloke like me.

The Picture/s of Angela Lansbury?πŸŽ₯πŸŽ¨πŸŽ­πŸ‘Ό

No comments:

Post a Comment