Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 2, 2023

The Freke Show?🎭

I had listened to
SHWEP episode 100 about 
Thrice-Greatest Hermes a few weeks back (which I noticed was released on my birthday in 2020, ironically enough) where the Hermetica was mentioned, which reminded me of a Tim Freke book I've had on my bookshelf for years called 'The Hermetica' and wondered what Tim was doing now and if he still was a fan of 'The Hermetica'?
SHWEP Episode 100: Thrice-Greatest Hermes
I have read a few books Tim Freke had written in the past, but I only have this one still on the shelf, which I would have to re-read again to remember what it was all about, as while I like the idea of a Trickster archetype like Hermes, to me Hermes is just a mythical figure I can't take seriously, funnily enough:-P
I've written about Tim Freke on this blog before quite a few times in posts such as this one -
Deep State Consciousness Podcast #108: Back to the Future, Myth, Meaning (and even 9/11) - with Daniel Luxton?
Tim has an interesting podcast and You Tube series called 'What is Life' where he interviews some of my favourite people about what they think about life, such as Garry LachmanSonu ShamdasaniRupert SheldrakeMichael GarfieldMark GoberEben AlexanderTheresa Cheung, and others I'm not so familiar with, as far as their work goes.
But it was the Garry Lachman episode of 'What is Life' which reeled me in to subscribing to the free feed to listen to any future guests which Tim may have lined up in the near future.
I'm yet to read any of Garry's books, but I have listened to many hours of podcasts and You Tubes which Garry has been on and I remember he did write a book about Hermes and was interviewed by Gordon White about it on Gordon's Rune Soup podcast.
While I like Gordon and a lot of the interviews he has done over the years at Rune Soup, I'm not into his Harry Potter fantasies of being a "real" magician and some of his conspiracy theories.
But everyone needs a hobby to stop them from going crazy with "real" life issues I guess, and Hermes is always good for a laugh I reckon:-)
Not that Gordon White seems to have much of a sense of humour I've noticed, as I left a comment on his blog post 'DO MAGICIANS ALWAYS DIE PENNILESS?where Gordon wrote "And two of these people I am thinking of came from humble beginnings and are now private jet rich.", to which I commented "but they aren't dead yet":-)
Gordo didn't find my observation funny it seems and didn't post my comment ... unless it just magically disappeared?-)
Episode 114: Plotinus the Magician?
Ritual Practice and Power in Platonism
Ironically, as fate would have it, the SHWEP episode that I'm up to (I only listen to the free ones) is about Plotinus the Magician:-)
And I notice that the "Plotinus the magician" episode was uploaded on Jake Kotze's birthday in 2021, March 17th or St. Patrick's Day:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment