Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 23, 2023

John Steinbeck: Rewriting the American Myth?πŸ“–πŸ–‹

In a bizarre twist of personal fate, two Steinbeck novels crossed my path while sorting donations at an Op shop, both of which I bought, 'East of Eden' and 'Of Mice and Men' and then I saw a 'New Thinking Allowed' episode about Steinbeck dropped this week on the channel, which I watched.
I never really had any intention of reading 'East of Eden' before, but as this copy while readable to my standards of what a secondhand book was, the management wouldn't have approved the condition of wear and tear this copy had been through and would have binned it in the cardboard recycling bin, so I rescued the copy from being binned by offering the store a $1 donation for the copy and now it sits in my to read pile of books on top of my bedroom chest of draws.
I wrote about the book in this old post -
Eden: The Unintended Garden
I think I'll be reading 
'Of Mice and Men' first, as it is one of the 1001 books you must read before you die, according to another book I'm reading at the moment, whereas 'East of Eden' is not, according to that same book.
Oliver Twist: No More Books to Read Please, Sir?πŸ²πŸ“šπŸ˜‹

No comments:

Post a Comment