Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 24, 2023

What Happened During 2-3-74?πŸ€·πŸ¦‰

2-3-74 next year will mark the 50th anniversary of the "date" on the spine of PK Dick's book '
The Exegesis of Philip K. Dick'which is also the date I give myself as a deadline to read that book, which I bought years ago after hearing a lot of the "sync-heads" I hung around on the net raving on and on about it.
The book was released 12 years ago in 2011, the Year of the Rabbit and I must have bought it not long after, but it has sat on my bookshelf pretty much unread, until now.
Not that I have read it yet, but I have made a slow start and plan to read it before February next year, reading and listening to books and watching and re-watching movies based on his books.
I even got a new library card this month and have already borrowed the book the movie 'Blade Runner' was based on, but I have never read, plus the DVD of the sequel to the movie, which I did see at the cinema when it came out but need to rewatch -
Blade Runner 2049: The Empire Never Ended?
But what happened in 
February/March 1974, apart from Dick having his "experience" which inspired this book's "date" on the spine
Not much it seems?
How Long Ago?
Maybe Dick was listening to Barry White's 'Love's Theme' on the radio?
February 1974 in Music History
Or maybe he was listening to 'The Way We Were' which was #1 on Feb 2 (AKA Groundhog Day)?
I have no idea what I was doing in February/March that year, as I was 9, but I do remember that song playing on the radio for weeks, even though I never saw the movie it was from until last week.
Ironically, it's about a novelist who writes a big hit which Hollywood gets him to move to Hollywood and try and adapt it for the screen.
That movie turns 50 this Year (2023) of the Rabbit>;-)
Birthdays in Music
Robbie Williams was born during Dick's experience I see, so maybe Robbie can name his autobiography 2-13-74?-)
Carlton breaks Robbie Williams
heart after
preliminary final failure
And sorry Robbie, but it was my birthday yesterday, so your wish was never going to trump my wish when our two AFL teams clashed yesterday in the semi-final;-)
Now I'm just being a Dick, aren't I?
I Don't Know Jack When it Comes to Gnosticism/Synchromysticism?

No comments:

Post a Comment