Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 13, 2022

Oliver Twist: No More Books to Read Please, Sir?πŸ²πŸ“šπŸ˜‹

I just finished reading
Jimmy Barnes' book 'Working Class Man' and I'm also working my way through the book '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die' -
From '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die' 
I have no intention of trying to read all of the 1001 books mentioned in that book, but I do intend on reading about all of those 1001 books in chronological order and then running it past the universe/my higher self/guardian book angel/my imaginary friend to see if I should read the book I've just read about.
I had no intention of reading 'Oliver Twist' after reading about the book in '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die', until a nagging little voice told me I should read it, or at least listen to it on the free audio book on Apple Podcasts.
I said to whoever that voice belonged to that I would read it if U gave me some unusual sign that I should, and within the next 24 hours, and thought good luck with that one:-)
I was up to page 455 of 'Working Class Man' and nearly finished the book when what should hit my unbelieving eyes?
'Working Class Man' 
Jimmy writes about how he came to name his two dogs, with one being named Oliver Twist, because the dog was an orphan ... DOH!!
Isn't Oliver Twist's initials OT short for overtime in the working world?-)
At first I was just going to see if I could find a movie version to watch without having to pay more, please Sir, but I couldn't find any that I wouldn't have to pay a fee to watch, until I found a 1922 version for free on You Tube starring Jackie Coogan as Oliver Twist and Lon Chaney as Fagin.
I couldn't help thinking how bizarre it was that I just watched Lon play the hunchback in a film turning 100 next year, and here he is again in an Oliver Twist film that turned 100 this year -
The Hunchback of Notre Dame Starring Lon Chaney Turns 100 in 2023 the Year of the Rabbit?πŸ‡πŸ°
I also saw this news story about orphans in the ABC national news the same day.
Remembering Nazareth House
WHERE THE RIVER BENDS
(SIGNED COPY)
Luckily, I'm not into cookbooks anymore ... signed or not:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment