The FARcast and the Fear of Flying?
Usually, it is my current posts that get the most hits for the week, if I'm posting on a somewhat daily basis, but when I leave home for a week or more and don't post until I come back to my computer it's interesting to see which posts start rising up the weekly stats chart.
But to get over 1000 hits in a week for an old post like my The FARcast and the Fear of Flying? post is a head scratcher to me, unless Erica Jong had passed away, or some such event like that happened.
But I don't see any news headlines about Erica Jong, so there must be some other reason behind all the hits to that old post?
I just think I is strange that a post about Erica Jong’s book 'Fear of Flying' should be so popular between my flights to Perth and back:-)
| Perth Airport |
| City of Light [Perth, Australia] |
I don't have a 'Fear of Flying', but I always think that my next flight could be my last.
I don't worry about it though, as it's out of my control, and in "God's" hands, as far as I'm concerned, so if "God" wants to throw me under the plane, so to speak, what can I do about it?
I just sit back and try to relax and enjoy the view (if I have a window seat on the world below) until, and if we land.
I did think it was funny in hindsight how I was telling everyone how I had a window seat on the flight back to Brisbane and that I would be able to watch the landscape changing under me as I flew back to my hometown and that I would never need to ride the train for 4 days to see the landscape around me change when I can do it in just over 4 hours.
I don't worry about it though, as it's out of my control, and in "God's" hands, as far as I'm concerned, so if "God" wants to throw me under the plane, so to speak, what can I do about it?
I just sit back and try to relax and enjoy the view (if I have a window seat on the world below) until, and if we land.
I did think it was funny in hindsight how I was telling everyone how I had a window seat on the flight back to Brisbane and that I would be able to watch the landscape changing under me as I flew back to my hometown and that I would never need to ride the train for 4 days to see the landscape around me change when I can do it in just over 4 hours.
But if you want to make "God" laugh, then tell "God" your plans, as they say, because all I saw out my window on the way home were clouds:-)
And while I am a member of the 'Cloud Appreciation Society' I would rather see the landscape on this trip than just bloody clouds everywhere.
The Cloud Appreciation Society and Dragons?⛅ππ
At least I got to see the sunset just before I couldn't see a thing out the window until coming in to land near Brisbane.The Cloud Appreciation Society and Dragons?⛅ππ
| A rare glimpse of a lake in "God" knows where? |
From sunset to Brisbane, I watched the movie 'GOAT' on my phone through the Virgin Airlines free movie channel, which oddly enough finished right as we taxied into the Brisbane terminal:-)


No comments:
Post a Comment