Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 5, 2020

The Game of Life ... and God?

I started listening to an interesting podcast called 'Spirit Sisters' this week where a journalist named Karina Machado interviews people about their weird and sometimes spooky experiences with "the other side" and "this side" of life.
I had just listened to Kath Campbell, whose experience of seeing her daughters' spirits after their tragic deaths gave her the strength to go on living.
Spirit Sisters Podcast: Episode 2 - The Homecoming
Heartbreaking tribute
I couldn't imagine going through what Kate is in that podcast and just after listening to that podcast I see the news story above about the Sydney family I had heard about in the news the day before, but this time with another cruel twist that hit home a little harder to me being a NRL fan.
Tim Mannah, who lost his bother Jon to cancer back in 2013 was related also to the family in this tragic event.
Being A Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks member I remember Jon wearing the Sharks colours for a few seasons before heading to the Parramatta Eels.
Every year when the two clubs clash the winner gets keep the Johnny Mannah Cup until we meet again the following year.
I remember how cruel life seemed back when Jon died young, and now this tragedy for his family.
And ironically in hindsight, now I see that my father passed away in 2016 on Jon's birthday of September 13th.
I seem to be seeing that date a lot lately for some reason.
Trust Your Own Way?
There may be a God, but in this contact sport of life the injuries can sometimes hurt for the rest of your life and can be crippling.
It can be hard to keep going sometimes, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment