Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 8, 2020

BeLIEve?

There is no lie in believe?-)
I stumbled across an Australian podcast called 'Believe' and the latest episode featured Jim Harold from the 'Paranormal Podcast' and 'Jim Harold's Campfire' podcasts -
Believe Podcast: Paranormal encounters with Jim Harold
I like Jim and have listened to his 'Paranormal Podcast' many times, but I don't think I have listened to the 'Campfire' podcast at all, because I'm really not interested in stories about Bigfoot and fantastic no witnesses UFO stories which are either total BS or delusional alcoholic drug trips told by people who if truth be told probably don't even believe themselves when recounting the wild stories.
Starring Melinda Dillon
Normally I wouldn't listen to a podcast show like 'Believe', which has a podcast logo of a UFO hovering over a Bigfoot, but I had just written a post about actress Melinda Dillon being born on the
X-Files' Chris Carter's birthday of 10/13, after just having watched 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' once more -
10/13, The X-Files and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood?
John Lithgow and Melinda Dillon in
Harry and the Hendersons (1987)
Kevin Peter Hall, John Lithgow, and Melinda Dillon in
  
Harry and the Hendersons (1987)
And I noticed that Melinda had starred in the movie
'Harry and the Hendersons' playing Nancy Henderson, which is a comedy movie about the Bigfoot legend.
Bigfoot's got green eyes?!
I've never watched 'Harry and the Hendersons' before, but I see that it is available on Netflix, so I might give it a watch, since I just read that Kevin Peter Hall, "while working on the set of the series 227 (1985), he met his co-star, Alaina Reed-Hall, who played Rose Lee Holloway.
They married--both on the set, and in real life--and they had two children.
Predator 2 (1990) was released December 1990, and in April 1991, he died of AIDS, which he contracted through a blood transfusion a few months before."
As I've got a post about the fraction and date 22/7 coming up soon.
Like I wrote above, Bigfoot doesn't interest me in the slightest whether the creature is real or not.
And the best way to to persuade the general public that the UFO believers are nuts is to link Bigfoot to the UFOs, like they did in the movie 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' with this bloke pictured below, who in the movie gets up at a UFO press conference and starts telling people about his past Bigfoot encounters, to the disappointment of the Richard Dreyfus character, who was trying to get people to take the UFO sightings seriously.
Podcasts like 'Believe' with all of the Yowie/Bigfoot/UFO listener stories don't interest me, because the majority of the stories would just be outright lies, delusions or pranks.
But I did like this one episode with Jim Harold, as I find Jim's quest sincere, even if a lot of his podcast episode guests are questionable, as well.
Kade Moir, the host of the 'Believe' podcast seems sincere in his quest, as well, but looking through the list of past shows before this recent Jim Harold show, doesn't interest me to waste my time listening to the majority of those podcasts.
But this interview with Jim is the nugget of gold in the 'Believe' podcast episodes, from the show descriptions I've read, I believe:-)
Throw another log on the fire, pull up a chair and have a listen to Jim's Tale at 'Believe', though.
I like how Jim recounts his days growing up in West Virginia, as I worked on a little synch film with the maker and narrator of the film who once played basketball for West Virginia, but I won't name names here;-)
Believe it or not, but it's no lie.

UPDATE: February 9th, 2020
I watched 'Harry and the Hendersons' on Netflix last night (there's 2 hours of my life I won't get back again;-) and thought Mike Clelland is right about the owl sightings around Bigfoot sightings when I saw the owl on the counter when the Bigfoot hunter comes into the gun shop to by monster bullets, knowing the guy selling him the bullets knows where Bigfoot is.
Is that Bigfoot?-)
That movie came out the same year that Strieber's book 'Communion' came out, 1987.

No comments:

Post a Comment