Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 2, 2020

Birds of Prey and Hunters?

The 'Hunters' bus I saw when going to watch
'Birds of Prey' at the cinema in February, 2020
One of the last movies I saw at the cinema before Covid 19 lock-down happened and shut them down in Australia was 'Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn', which I saw with my two sons.
Ironically, now that the cinemas in Queensland, Australia are open again under social distancing rules, 'Birds of Prey' is back on again at the cinemas and drive-in, because of the lack of new film content from Hollywood.
It's only been a few months since I saw the movie and I can barely remember what it was all about now, but damn Margot Robbie was hot, that much I do remember at least.
I remember writing that I wouldn't pay $12.50 to see 'Birds of Prey' at the cinema, and I guess I wasn't lying when I paid $10.50 a few weeks later, when there wasn't much else on at the cinema that we hadn't seen before -
Birds of Prey and Groundhog Day?
That movie is like a screen memory for me now, because I remember seeing a good-looking bird (Margot Robbie), but I can't remember what exactly happened on screen now paradoxically:-)
And happy birthday for today too Margot.
Anyway, as I'm sitting at the window talking to one son, while waiting for another son to arrive, I ask my son if he has watched any of the new Amazon series 'Hunters', and he replies no and then asks if I had watched it.
I told him no I hadn't, then a bus pulls up across the road from the cinema with an advert for the show all over the bus.
I snapped two pictures of the bus, because I was so impressed with the timing of our conversation and the bus pulling up and decided that I would have to give the show a watch now.
A group of 1970s vigilantes taking revenge on Fuhrer-lovers?
What's the criticism?
And I agree with the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum about the chess game scene.
I watched the whole first season of the cringe worthy show and didn't know what to make of it.
I wanted to like it, and in some parts I did, but being from a part secular Jewish family background I couldn't help thinking that the characters were just trying to be "too Jewish".
Too Jewish Podcast
I was hoping 'Hunters' would explore something more along the lines of Annie Jacobsen's work about the 'Operation Paperclip' Nazis, like the fabled mind control and psychic warfare stuff Annie talks about in her interview with Ryan Sprague at the 
'Somewhere in the Skies' podcast -
EPISODE FOUR: ANNIE JACOBSEN: PHENOMENA
If you want to get an overall view of what 'Hunters' is all about, just watch this You Tube below and save yourself some time.
The Global March?
Oy vey!
Let's hope that there is no season 2.
Well, at least I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment