Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 11, 2020

The Spirit of Hemingway?

I found this podcast featuring Hilary Hemingway fascinating on so many personal levels -
The Mystical Underground: Hilary Hemingway: The Spirit Of Hemingway
July 2 commemorates the supposed UFO crash in the 1947 Roswell UFO Incident
I've not met Hilary, but I did have a brief chat (more like a hi, than a conversation) to Hilary's husband Jeff when he was in my hometown of Brisbane at a writers festival promoting his Dexter books, which my sons are fans of -
Taking a Stab at It
Hilary Hemingway is a screenwriter and coauthor of five books, two on alien abduction, Dreamland and Dreamchild, and one on time travel called, Time Blender.
She also wrote a semi-biographical novel,
Hunting with Hemingway, and a biography of her uncle titled, Hemingway In Cuba.
I've not read any of Hilary's books yet, but I was surprised to learn in the podcast that she had written to books on UFOs and that
her famous uncle took his life on July 2nd, which just happens to be 'World UFO Day'.
I also find it interesting that Hilary's novel 'Dreamland' is also the title of Whitley Strieber's radio/podcast show and that the MacGregors are also good friends with Whitley, as well as Hilary and Jeff. 
Hilary mentions Margaux Hemingway in the podcast and I couldn't help thinking that Margaux died on July 1st (which is UFO researcher Richard Dolan's birthday by the way) and the day before the anniversary of Margaux's famous grandfather'death.
And on the subject of famous actors named Margot/Margaux, Margot Robbie was born on July 2nd (cue X-Files music).
Seems to be a bit of a theme running through this post apart from UFOs, you think?
For every death by suicide, as many as 30 others attempt to end their life?
Katy Perry has revealed she considered suicide in 2017
Having seriously attempted to take my own life when I was around 20 years old I can full well understand the motives behind such thoughts, and for "experts" to term such attempts as a "mental health" problem I find ridiculous.
While I'm sure there are cases where "mental health" might be an issue, I would think that most people who take/or attempt to take their lives were quite sane at the time.
I don't condone or endorse suicide, but I certainly do understand why someone would take their life when life seems to paint them into one hell of a corner.
The Old Man and the Tee
Swimming in the Deep End with Nina Thompson?
 I find Mariel Hemingway's acting career synchromystically fascinating when I read through her IMDB page
Mariel was named after a Cuban fishing village that was a favorite of her father and grandfather.
Mariel was the runner-up to Jodie Foster for the part of Iris Steensma in Martin Scorsese's Taxi Driver (1976).
Trudi Fraser in 'Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood' is Based on Jodie Foster Mr. Knowles?
Mariel auditioned for the leading role in Basic Instinct (1992), but lost out to actress Sharon Stone.

Turned down the lead role in Splash (1984), which went to
Daryl Hannah.
Signed environmental activist Tom Weis' open letter calling on President Obama and Governor Romney to withdraw their support for the Keystone XL pipeline.
Other signatories included climate scientist James Hansen and actors Daryl Hannah and Sheryl Lee. [September 2012]
Mariel is tenth cousin (same generation) of Cindy Crawford.
Cynthia Crawford?!
Cynthia Crawford Has Gone Up to The Spirit in the Sky?
I'll have to go through Mariel's movie catalogue and watch some of her past movies.
And I can't wait to catch her in the upcoming movie 'Grace and Grit'.
I'll have to read some more of Ernest's books, as well, as I have only read one book of his in my life so far, which apart from the bullfighting I quite enjoyed.
I like how Hilary mentions Ernest's out of body experience when he was wounded in WWI, as I remember reading about his account in my early teens, just after I had had one, and it reassured me that at least I wasn't the only one on the planet who had had one.
Since then I have found out that many people on the planet have had one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment