Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 2, 2020

A Terrific Quantum Science Film Tainted by Catholic Nonsense?

I listened to the latest 'Skeptiko' podcast episode yesterday featuring Rick DeLano TRYING to talk to Alex about a film I haven't seen yet titled "The End of Quantum Reality", but it does look intriguing to me when I viewed the trailer, as I too think a lot of the latest new age "quantum mechanics" theories about the universe/s is utter crap.
But [Dr]WHO really knows, right?-)
And we all like a good story, no matter how true/untrue it is.
But there is usually a baby in there somewhere among all of the murky bathwater, which we should probably try to find before throwing it out maybe?
The Storytelling Animal
Seeing God In All Life/God is Love/The Spirit of Authenticity?
I've never been a member of the Theosophical Society, but I used to be a member of their library as a teenager/young man, and I always liked reading their motto,
"There is NO Religion Higher Than Truth", even though a lot of the stories they believed in were bonkers in my book.
I found it amusing that the guy in
"The End of Quantum Reality" movie was named Dr. Smith, as I have an "Action figure" of the B9 robot from the TV show
'Lost in Space' on the shelf above my computer, as well as an "action figure" of the living Christ, like the statue overlooking Rio.
I wonder what Alex would make of all of that?-)
‘Mythbusters’ Host Adam Savage Denies Sister’s Sexual Abuse Allegations?!
It seems that there are still a lot of myths to be busted when it comes to science and religion?-)
When I used to watch 'Lost in Space' as a kid, I thought Dr. Smith was creepy, and I ain't gonna talk about Judy:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment