Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 14, 2020

Owl COINcidence?

randonautica.com
I was reading chapter 11 of Mike Clelland's book 'The Messengers' where he writes about an Athenian coin from the fifth century BCE with the head of Athena on one side and an owl on the other.
Greece 1 euro 2002 - Owl
My little Athenian owl I bought in Canberra in 2016
Sylvester at a rented house on Minerva Street
My Cat Sylvester (R.I.P.) and Memories (CATS) of the Future and the Past?
I bought my little owl statue in 2016 in Canberra when I went to the 101 objects that changed the world exhibition from the
British Museum -
Happy New Years
"Athena or Athene, often given the epithet Pallas, is an ancient Greek goddess associated with wisdom, handicraft, and warfare who was later syncretized with the Roman goddess Minerva.
Minerva /mɪˈnɜːrvə/ (Latin: [mɪˈnɛrwa]; Etruscan: Menrva) is the Roman goddess of wisdom and strategic warfare, and the sponsor of arts, trade, and strategy.
Minerva is not a patron of violence such as Mars, but of defensive war only.
From the second century BC onward, the Romans equated her with the Greek goddess Athena.
Minerva is one of the three Roman deities in the Capitoline Triad, along with Jupiter and Juno.
A Trip to Greece When the Cinemas Reopened?
I'm not an owl person like Mike is, I'm more of a Cat/Crow person, but I'll take signs from where-ever they come from, as I don't have a fanatical obsession with one particular animal like Mike seems to with owls.
Mike also seems to think that he is an abductee/contactee, or whatever the latest buzz word is, but I see Mike as one of those "maybe people".
Maybe he is, maybe he is not, but he tells a good story I think, and he does seem to be onto something, whether that be aliens or not.
Synchronicities: The Evolving Self, the Personal Unconscious, and the Creative Process?
Looking back over my life now knowing owls are symbols of death and that Minerva is the Roman goddess equivalent to Athena, it seems rather ironic that a few weeks after we moved house from Minerva Street to another bigger rented house, my cat was run over on the road outside of our new rented house.
He had a bad habit of sleeping in the middle of the less busy 
Minerva Street, so whether he tried sleeping on the busier road outside our new home, or was just crossing it, I will never know.
It wasn't until I was burying my cat that on my car radio
Peter Gabriel's 'Digging in the Dirt' came on, and I thought WTF?
Back then in the 90s I wasn't really into taking note of weird coincidences in my life.
ART NOUVEAU WMF OWL INKWELL PEN REST FIGURAL
  
BIRD BRITANNIA METAL c1880
GOLD BRITANNIA AND AN OWL
Peter GabriOWL?-)
Even after that head scratching synchronicity in the 90s it wasn't until around the time that my father-in-law suddenly died from a heart attack that I really started getting smashed by crazy synchronicities and really started flowing with them, like I still am.
That was around the time I started writing this blog to try and keep track of them, and to stay in touch with other sync bloggers, who at the time I was resonating with.
Some of those bloggers I still resonate with, and others have either gone bats#it crazy, or have their heads stuck so far up their own arse that they can't see past their own self-importance ... Mike is one of those "maybe people" in my book:-)
Writers on Writing on Podcasts?
Weird Studies Podcast Episode 63: Faculty X?
Of course, they may be thinking the same thing about me, too?-)
And while on the subject of a#seholes, how does Loren Coleman's Tweet hit the mainstream Australian news, just as I'm piecing together this post about a#seholes I have encountered in my past?
Grant Imahara dead: Former Mythbusters
host dies suddenly aged
49
Aged 49, 4+9 = 13, right Loren? Don't forget to
 include that in your next
BS Tweet:-)
I drifted away from Mike's blog when he seemed to think that only UFO abductees and people who see owls were the only people WHO were in the know when it came to synchronicity.
I could see megalomania setting in with Mike and I let him go his own way to start his own "star-child cult", or whatever other UFO loonies do when they get too big for their own boots.
Seems like he's come down to earth a bit since his "only UFO abductees (or "maybe people") have sychronicites worth noticing" phase.
I might like to "watch the wheels go round", but I don't like watching people with promise in the "sync community" spin their wheels and go nowhere.
At least Mike seems to have got his wheels on the road now, and is heading somewhere?
Not to say that I'm not too far down that road at the moment, either.
Randonauts: Explore The World You Never Knew Existed?
Weeks ago I wrote a post about the Randonaut craze, which to be honest doesn't really appeal to me, as I like to use my built in HGA (Holy Guardian Angel) app, rather than some man made app:-)
Piss-memes in the Time of Corona?
When I wrote those posts about Ranonauting, I thought they were selling coins with an owl on it, but it turned out to be a pin with an engraved number between 1 and 500, so I ordered one just to see what random number I would be given.
But on July 7th, 2020 I received an e-mail (below) explaining the delay on my pin.
My e-mail from Randonautica explaining
 the delay on my order:-)
Never send an owl to do a crow's job I say, hey Mike?-)
Everyone know's that the shortest distance is "as the crows fly":-)
It will be interesting to see which random number I get from between 1 and 500, won't it?
I see the MU boys latest podcast was about the Randonaut app and some other crap -
MU Podcast – 24.02Rocket Face
I only listened to the first (free) part of the podcast, so I have no idea what was mentioned in the second part of the podcast, but going by the above links it does look click bait-able to me.
The free part was interesting enough for me though in these penny pinching Covid 19 times we are living in, so I'll pass on the paying part of the podcast. 
Maybe the message was that you should
have stayed home on your couch
?-)
Police have identified the remainws of two people, whose
dismembered bodies
were stuffed into a suitcase
This is why you do not manifest death?
Um ... I don't think you "manifest" the death of someone, just because an app leads you to witness it.
But I guess we all think that we are the centre of our own universe, right Dr. Surprise?-)
That reminds me of a 'CROWded House' song:-)
Surprise, an alien on the cover?!
Personally, I don't believe in COINcidences, owls or Kn-owl-es:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment