Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 1, 2023

Schemozzle-tov?☔πŸ‡πŸ°

When watching the Melbourne Storm v South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL game last night and not really going for either team (although I do tend to favour the more organic clubs like South Sydney, rather than the manufactured clubs like Melbourne) I was surprised at Melbourne's good fortune with their first try, when a Rabbitohs player smashed the ball out of his own player's arms to give Melbourne easy possession of the ball and pull a try out of thin air almost literally.
My reaction to the try being scored was to yell out "What a f#ckin schemozzle!"
I'm a Sharks supporter, as I mentioned in my last post, so I didn't really care who won last night, but it was obvious which team's luck was in on the night and which team's wasn't.
George Eliot's Middlemarch?🐘
Then at halftime I was surprised to hear
Yvonne Sampson describe The Storm's first try as a 
schemozzle, too.
I was surprised to hear Yvonne use a Yiddish word to describe a lucky try to Melbourne from an unlucky Rabbitohs defensive incident.
Then I started thinking that Yvonne looks a bit like Fergie from The Black Eyed Peas and the song 'I Gotta Feeling' with shouts of Mazel tov (good luck) started playing in my mind, but I was singing schemozzle-tov (as in someone's bad luck turned out to be someone's good luck) and wondered if there was such an expression in the meme world?-)
I couldn't find any examples on the net in my search.
Nightmare for Russell?
Yvonne Sampson with an Easter Egg?-)
I also bought a Kinder Surprise Easter Rabbit at the grocery store and ate it while watching the game.
And the surprise turned out to be a blue bunny:-)
That turned out to be an omen of the full-time scoreline as The Storm drenched the Rabbitohs in their first 2023 (the Year of the water Rabbit) encounter:-P
Chasing Rabbits Star Peter Hardy Drowns in the Year of the Water Rabbit?πŸ‡
GO
THE SHARKIES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment