Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 3, 2023

Dear Zoe/Falling Man?🌇🏢🏊

What's with the rabbit ears?
After watching Sadie Sink in 'The Whale' this week I looked up her IMDB page to see what other recent movies she had been in and saw she was in a movie called 'Dear Zoe', which looked a bit like a teen romance to me, but I noted it and thought I should look it up on my streaming service subscriptions when I get back from the library when I return the DVD of 'The Whale' and Dick's stupid book 'The Man in the High Castle'.
The Man in the High Castle Had to Have Been Written by Dick Using the I Ching? 🤑
The Whale: Sadie Elizabeth Sink ... or Swim?🐋🌊🏊
In all honesty I probably would have forgotten to look up 
'Dear Zoe' once I got home, as my plan was to finish reading another library book I had only 10 days left to read before it had to be returned.
But as I'm walking past the DVD section in the library there was 'Dear Zoe' on display facing me, so I thought the "book angel" really wanted me to watch this movie, like yesterday, so I borrowed it and watched it yesterday morning, not knowing much about the storyline.
And like Don DeLillo's 'Falling Man' this movie was centered on the events that took place on 9/11, 2001, too.
1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die
"Falling Man is a novel by American writer Don DeLillo, published May 15, 2007
An excerpt from the novel appeared in short story form as "Still Life" in the April 9, 2007, issue of The New Yorker magazine.
Falling Man concerns a survivor of the 9/11 attacks and the effect his experiences on that day have on his life thereafter."
"Dear Zoe is a 2022 American drama film directed by Gren Wells from a screenplay by Marc Lhormer and Melissa Martin. It is an adaptation of the 2005 novel of the same name by Philip Beard."
I was blown away by the personal synchromysticism of watching this movie the day after returning PKD's 
'The Man in the High Castle' and Aronoffsky's 'The Whale' back to the library, as Sink's boyfriend wears a piece of jewelry he calls "Zero Gravity" around his neck, which reminded me of the jewelry Dick's character Frank makes to sell in the book 'The Man in the High Castle'.
Donnie Darko, 2001 and American Airlines Flight 587
Who's Frank?
I also thought it was synchy that Spielberg's stepdaughter Jessica Capshaw, who was in 'Minority Report' played Sink's mother in 'Dear Zoe' :-)
The Female Precog in the Film Minority Report is the Smartest of the Three Precogs? 👩🔮
And another weird thing was that on the way home from the library on Friday I stopped in to visit my mother and she gave me a bag of lemons she had bought me from the shop.
She normally buys me oranges, then Saturday morning after squeezing some lemon juice to drink after breakfast I sit down to watch my burrowed borrowed DVD (rabbit hole pun intended there>;-) and find out Sink's character gets a job at a lemonade stand at a Pittsburgh amusement park?!

UPDATE: December 5th, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment