Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 1, 2023

The Whale: Sadie Elizabeth Sink ... or Swim?πŸ‹πŸŒŠπŸŠ

I watched Darren Aronofsky's 'The Whale' last night on DVD and loved it.
"The film stars Brendan Fraser, Sadie Sink, Hong Chau, Ty Simpkins, and Samantha Morton. The plot follows a reclusive, morbidly obese English professor who tries to restore his relationship with his teenage daughter."
No wonder it won so many film awards.
I borrowed the DVD from my local library when I saw it featured in a display there.
Brendan Fraser was great in the movie, but Sadie Sink was the glue that held the film together I thought.
Sadie Elizabeth Sink
I think I'll have to buy a copy of this movie for my home collection, as it's a movie I'd need to watch a few times in the future to pick up on the layers of story in the film.
Not to mention that I'm a big fan of Melville's 'Moby-Dick' (AKA 'The Whale') -
Dropping Anchor on the Journey?
Showing posts sorted by relevance for query Aronofsky
I'm surprised my "old mate" Chris Knowles at 'The Secret Sun' hasn't gone on a rant about this movie, since there are plenty of triggers in this movie for him to "explore", such as the name Fraser and Saddie Elizabeth Sink:-) 
Not to mention 
Samantha Morton playing Sink's mother and Fraser's ex-wife in the movie.
I haven't seen Darren's latest work 'Postcard from Earth' he made for the Vegas Sphere, but someone has uploaded it to You Tube, so hopefully I'll get around to watching it before You Tube pull it down.
And I might watch it while having a nice cup of coffee;-)
Mermaids, Aliens, Sirens, B-Grade Coffee and Adult Swimmers?

UPDATE: December 2nd, 2023
Swimmers warned to ‘keep their distance’
following
 pilot whales’ mystery death
I saw this mysterious news story today about bodies being washed up on an Australian beach -
"Environmental officials are investigating after more than 30 pilot whales were discovered dead on a remote Tasmanian beach.
On Tuesday, 34 whale carcasses were found on Bryans Beach, near the southern end of Tassie’s Freycinet Peninsula.
Marine Conservation Program (MCP) researchers were on site on Wednesday collecting samples and measurements to try to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident.
So far, it remains a mystery."
Bryans Beach?
The Drowning ... Just Keep Swimming?🏊🦈

No comments:

Post a Comment