Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 20, 2023

Nevil Shute is a Dystopian Author?πŸŒπŸ“–

I recently watched
the movie (a library DVD I borrowed) and TV series (on Brollie) based on Nevil Shute's book 'A Town Like Alice', only because I was watching TV shows and movies which Bryan Brown had starred in over the years, because I went to a book launch of Bryan's own crime fiction book recently -
The Drowning ... Just Keep Swimming?🏊🦈
I had borrowed the DVD by mistake thinking it was the TV show starring Bryan Brown, as I didn't know about the movie starring Peter Finch.
Nevil Shute's book 
'A Town Like Alice' is also a book mentioned in another book I'm reading at the moment called '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die' and after watching the movie and TV series of his book, as well as reading up on the book at Wikipedia, and on how much of the real story Nevil got wrong, I have no intention of reading his book in this lifetime.
1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die
I was recently watching a 24-part lecture series on 'The Great Courses' streaming service about Sci-Fi with Gary K. Wolfe as the lecturer and he mentioned Nevil Shute being a dystopian author in lecture 5, which was titled 'Utopian Dreams and Dystopian Nightmares'.
Of course, Gary was talking about Nevil Shute's novel 'On the Beach', not 'A Town Like Alice'.
I had forgotten about that book, which I have read and wrote a post about reading at the time -
Was 'On The Beach' Cursed in Hindsight?
Now, 'On the Beach' should be the book of Nevil Shute's mentioned as one of the books you must read in '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die', rather than 'A Town Like Alice', I think.
And now I have another Bryan Brown TV show to track down and watch, as I haven't seen the 2000 TV show of 'On the Beach' starring Bryan Brown.
On the Beach TV Movie (2000)
I must watch that show before I die or the world ends ... since I don't have any 'Friends';-)
Barack & Michele Obama Serve as Executive Producers on 'Leave the World Behind'?πŸŒŽπŸš€

No comments:

Post a Comment