Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 31, 2023

2024 and a Happy New Year?πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³

Just over an hour to go until midnight and 2024 here in Queensland, Australia ... or less than an hour if you are in New South Wales, Victoria, the ACT or Tasmania.
But it's hard to feel optimistic about the coming year to me.
I just have that rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic feeling as I head into 2024 for some reason.
Plus, I bought an assemble yourself 2024 banner by mistake, which I can't be bothered to string together, so it can sit on my dining room table instead of hang on the wall.
It feels like 50 seconds to midnight here and not in a good way.
Maybe because it's storming here right now and I'm expecting the power to go out before I can watch the fireworks from Sydney Harbour at midnight Queensland time, which is 1 o'clock and 2024 New South Wales time.
And I still haven't worked out my New Year's resolution yet.
Anyway, cheers for when it chimes midnight in your part of the world ... and try not to go full Titanic ... or The Full Monty🍾πŸ₯‚
Probably just Much Ado About Nothing anyway, right;-)
Tom Wilkinson Passes Away in the Year of the Rabbit?πŸ•³πŸ‡

UPDATE: January 1st, 2024
My sister gave me a bottle of 'Jacob's Creek' sparkling wine that someone had given her, as she doesn't like drinking sparkling wine (AKA Champagne), so I decided to go with the flow and open it at midnight on NYE 24 and it was the worst sparkling wine I have ever tasted on any NYE in my life.
It should be relabeled "Shit Creek" IMO.
I was just taking small sips of the wine while watching TV and as I was on my second glass, I fell asleep and tipped the wine over my flamingo PJ pants.
So, I don't know if this was a sign from the universe that I should or shouldn't go to Singapore this year -
Just Flamin' Go?πŸ”₯🦩
I had to change into my spare pineapple PJ pants to go to bed:-)
More Pop Cultural Pineapples?🍍
Goodbye 2023
Hello 2024?
Ironically, I replaced my sister's 2023 calendar she gave me last year as a Christmas present with one I bought for myself at a local newsagent.
This 2024 calendar features the Serenity Prayer:-P
December: Time to Start Thinking About Getting New 2024 Calendars?πŸ“…πŸ—“πŸŽ„πŸΎ
I should also mention that a few days before the New Year my laminated dragon poster fell off my wall crashing to the floor and scared the s#it out of me when I was working at my computer.
And while 2024 is technically the Year of the Dragon, that year doesn't start until the new moon in February, 2024.
It's still the Year of the Rabbit until then.
Jupiter and [Chinese] Astrology? πŸŒƒπŸ€©

No comments:

Post a Comment