Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 30, 2021

Spooky Dog Tales for Cat Lovers?

Dog’s best friend: A brief history of an unbreakable bond
.
Big [Dumb?-] Ideas Podcast: Dog's best friend?
Timekeepers
Last Monday I thought I would do an Apple Podcast search for podcast episodes featuring the author of the 'Timekeepers' book that I'm currently reading.
And while I didn't find an featuring him talking about his 'Timekeepers' book, I did find one featuring him talking about his dog book.
And even though I'm more of a cat person I gave it a listen, which probably made me more of a cat person when I had finished listening:-)
Hearing Simon talking about taking his dog to the local "dog cinema" to mingle with other dog owners made me wonder what movie you would take a dog to see?
Although 'Cujo' took no time at all springing to mind:-)
Then I listened to the latest
'The Moth' podcast and it was a Halloween episode featuring a guy telling about dressing up as his dead dog to go trick or treating one year.
Well, I guess a moth is a symbol of transformation, much like a butterfly is?-)
Moth Verses Butterfly Symbolism
No wonder I'm starting to really swing to the side of the cat lovers lately;-) 
As I'm mulling over how anyone in their right mind would think a "dog cinema" would be a good idea, the perfect doggy cinema movie pooped into my head ... 'Dumb AND Dumber TO';-)  
MEOW!!
I'll pass on Simon's dog book and stop wasting time on podcasts about dogs and their stupid owners and get back to reading his much more interesting 'Timekeepers' book;-) 
I would have thought Simon would have preferred a better watchdog to have around the home though:-)
At least the Big Ideas podcast tagged a talk on the end by
Helen Brown about cats to bring some sanity to the episode -
Cleo
I guess 'Cleo' would be the dog lovers equivalent to 'Cujo' when it came to animal horror stories?
Time to stop making lame jokes about cats, dogs and dog owners, I guess?-)
Frankenstein (The Movie) Turns 90?

UPDATE: October 31st, 2021
I'm a glutton for punishment (much like a dog owner is I guess?-) and just had to have a listen to more podcasts I found in another Apple podcast search for episodes featuring Simon Garfield while I was trying to nod off to sleep last night.
Just My Type by Simon Garfield, read by Julian Rhind-Tutt
Well, Simon sure isn't "TYPE CASTING" himself when it comes to writing books, by the looks and sounds of it:-)
Ep 34 - Simon Garfield and his new book, Dog’s Best Friend
I was surprised to hear in the above podcast episode the host say that the dog book is Simon's 20th book.
I heard the guys say that dogs originated from wolves, so I thought here is another movie for the dog cinema "Halloween" list that runs rings around all of those movies on the Top 10 list above ...
And 'The Grey' turns 10 this year according to its IMDB page, so I might have to pick this as my Halloween movie to watch tonight ... with no pets around me:-)
Plus, in my Australian state of Queensland it just happens to be Grandparent's Day, so what better movie to watch than 'The Grey' tonight I say?-)
Got Your Queensland Grandparents Day Pumpkin For Sunday October 31st Yet?
Ep 1 - Beverley Knight, MBE, From Fear To Rescue
I was curious to have a listen to episode #1 of 'A Dog's Best Friend' podcast as to hear the motivation for starting the podcast, and I was amused that the first guest Beverley Knight (who I hadn't heard of before now) was born in Wolverhampton and also had a role in the stage play 'CATS':-)
Beverley Knight is a keen supporter of home city football club Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.
Once more into the fray ... Live and die on this day?


No comments:

Post a Comment