Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 20, 2021

Postcards as Art?

I wrote about stumbling across the 'Pictorial' podcast in this recent post -
A Pictorial Podcast?
Pictorial Podcast: Postcards as Art
I usually listen to this podcast on Apple Podcasts, but if an episode strikes me as interesting as far as the art mentioned in the podcast goes I then sit down and watch the You Tube version for my eyes to take in ... when the You Tube episodes become available, that is.
I have a number of postcards displayed (as art) around my home that are more for sentimental or nostalgic reasons than for art sake ... but what's "heart" around the home for anyway, right?
One of my "postcards" that I have on display is a postcard sized movie poster on one side and a double movie pass I won years ago on the other.
The other postcard displayed next to the movie pass is a postcard which Starr sent to me with a print that I won in a competition on her web-page.
At the moment it is displayed next to the print of Starr's painting that I won -
Brisbane Does Love its EKKA ... and Starr's EKKA Paintings
I also have three postcards hanging under the top shelf of my computer table Blu-tacked to a rail.
One is a postcard version, more or less of Vanessa's print that is hanging on the wall behind me in my computer room -
Vanessa Valencia is One Talented Artist, Living Through Her Wonderful Creativity
Another on is a postcard I bought of the David Lynch painting I walked through -
And the third one was a postcard sent to me as part of a movie funding drive reward, along with a DVD copy of the movie -
I also have a few cards around the home I don't want to bin and would like to frame if I could find a frame that was easy to take the card out of when wanting to have a read off it, rather than having to take a standard picture frame apart all the time.
Sometimes it's not the artwork on a card so much, as what is written on the card and the memories surrounding the card that make it valuable to me, but worthless to anyone else ... unless I was to become famous that is:-)
All Our Shimmering Skies ... and Deluded Eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment