Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 28, 2021

Pineapples and Pumpkins ... is This Meant to Be a Trick or a Treat?-)

I was flicking through the local newspaper and saw that one of the big chain Australian supermarkets are pushing pineapples and pumpkins for Halloween this year, even though in Australia we don't officially celebrate the holiday ... and for good reason, too ... because it's the middle of spring and going on to summer down here.
I sent a picture to my eldest son who is now 30 and still likes to do something for Halloween, such as crave a face on a pumpkin ... or now watermelons I soon found out:-)
I couldn't help thinking of the 'Crowded House' song 'Pineapple Head' when I saw that carved face on the Halloween pineapple in the newspaper, for some reason.
Maybe because it is a song on the 'Together Alone' album, which seems rather appropriate for 2021 and these socially isolated times we live in?
I walked into my kinda local supermarket to buy a tin of pumpkin soup for 'Grandparent's Day' and all I see is Halloween junk everywhere for sale:-)
My sons still want me to see Halloween movies that never seem to end or stop being re-booted for the cash registers credit card tap points:-)
Halloween Kills ... at the Box-office?
I guess next they will be wanting to get me out of my house and into the big house for a ghost tour
?-)

All Our Shimmering Skies ... and Deluded Eyes?
Maybe 'Crowded House' should reform and do a Christmas album titled 'Home Alone'?-)
I think I'll stay home and heat up the pumpkin soup on Sunday night ... and keep the door locked.
I wounder if you will be able to get pineapple soup next winter at the supermarkets ... as it seems like that kind of world in which we live now?-)
Was Pollock Just a Pineapplehead?

No comments:

Post a Comment