Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 31, 2021

The Lost Art of Writing Letters and Communicating with One Another?


ideacity On The Air Podcast: Simon Garfield 
I wrote in my last post about listening to podcasts featuring
Spooky Dog Tales for Cat Lovers?
and I found the above talk Simon gave in Canada about letter writing, which made me ironically think, with today being Halloween, about the poor Chinese guy who wrote a letter and placed it in a Halloween headstone box heading for Kmart -
I'm also in the middle of reading Trent Dalton's novel
'All Our Shimmering Skies' about a gravedigger girl named Molly Hook, who when not digging graves helps mourners in what to write on their departed loved ones headstone.
And now I see Trent has a new book out, not about love letters, but 'Love Stories' which he bangs out the old fashioned way way on a typewriter.
Maybe I should tell Trent about my love for "synchromysticism" some day, but I'd be only wasting time maybe ... like writing love letters?-)
Mark (Not Charlie) Manson and Not Giving a F#ck?
I guess we all love a good story, whether, happy, sad or tragic ... and someone to read or listen to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment