Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 14, 2021

Peter and Wendy Turn 110 in 2021?

Sophomore Lit Podcast: Peter Pan 
What a bizarre 48 hours it has been for me as far as Peter Pan syncs go.
On October 12 when I was writing a post mentioning that it was Hugh Jackman's birthday -
Hugh Jackman in Pan
the latest podcast episode of Sophomore Lit hit my iPad and was about the the 1911 novel, 'Peter and Wendy' as well as the 2003 movie 'Peter Pan' which was adapted from the book and play and directed by P.J.Hogan, a guy that I have met at the Brisbane premier of another movie he directed called 'Mental' -
Peter Pan (2003 film)
After listening to the podcast I downloaded a free audio book of 'Peter Pan' through Apple Podcasts, as I had never read the book before.
And I realized that I had a DVD of  the 2003 version of 'Peter Pan' which I had bought as part of a three movie set for my boys when they were growing up, but I was never interested in watching Peter Pan until I recently had heard that P.J.Hogan had directed it. 
So I finally watched Peter Pan on my TV last night.
That movie was filmed just down the freeway from where I live now, at the Gold Coast studios.
The movie 'Hook' was mentioned in the podcast also, a movie I had only seen not long ago this year mainly to see Robin Williams play Pan, and because the movie turned 30 this year -
Panning Back Through 30 years to 1991 and Hook?
Then today I see this video below of a Robin Williams impersonator has gone viral over the internet. 
Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) who own the rights to
Peter Pan have apparently commissioned a sequel where the book starts off with Michael jumping out a window to his death ... or so we are told in the podcast.
Hopefully flying is like riding a bike for poor Michael, as in once you learn you never forget, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment