Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 19, 2020

Conversations With Neale Donald Walsch About Conversations With God?

Born in the Year of the Goat?
Are you kidding me?-)
I was flicking through a 'Mind Body Spirit' magazine edition from last year in bed the other night and as I got to the pages that had the top 10 of the top 100 "most spiritually influential living people in 2019" #9 on the list, Neale Donald Walsch , caught my eye, and I read the blurb about him and thought how does a guy like that make it as high as number nine on a list like that by writing books about how "God" is speaking through him to spread "The Word"?
And then I thought I'm too eye fatigued to read any more of this magazine, but I wasn't sleepy yet, so I pulled out my iPad to see if there were any new podcasts to listen to.
And yes, there was.
It was a new episode of
'RadioOutThere' featuring Neale Donald Walsch of all people, and I thought to myself, are you fooling with me God?-)
Turned out though that it was a "best of" show from a few years ago, while Barry was probably out in the Aussie outback at a conference with his UFO UAP mates.
RadioOutThere: Current Program 788 Week Commencing January 17th 2020 Neale Donald Walsch
I must say that while I do believe in one great supreme being/force, which in my opinion we are all a part of (God didn't tell me that in so many words, I figured that out for myself, although maybe with a little help;-), I find people like Neale Donald Walsch annoying when they write books that seem to be endorsed by "God", as if they aren't just telling you what they think the elephant in the room is, they are kind of telling you that the elephant told them exactly what it is and that they are THE ONE to spread the message to the other dumb asses in the room who just don't get what they are feeling in the room.
I like to check out this Top 100 list every year to see who has their finger on the "elephant in the room"'s  pulse the most according to the 'Mind Body Spirit' magazine poll, as it's always good for a laugh I think.
Pope Francis made #1 on the 2019 list, followed by Oprah at #2, and then the Dalai Lama at #3 and Eckhart Tolle at #4.
It's usually a duke out between The Pope and the Dalai Lama for spots #1 and #2 on the Top 100, but this year Oprah has split the two.
I'm not a Roman Catholic, or into Tibetan Buddhism, so to me
Pope Francis and the Dalai Lama are just other fellow human beings, who like Neale Donald Walsch are just trying to tell me what they think "God" is telling them to tell to me.
What I find amusing with this Top 100 list is that under all of the people on the list is the city and country these people were born in, their birth-date, what star sign they are, and their Chinese horoscope animal.
I wonder what Pope Francis and the Dalai Lama would think of that?
For instance Pope Francis and ET are both born in the
Year of the Rat, but one 12 year cycle apart, so 2020 should be a good year for these guys, if you believe in Chinese astrology, I would imagine.
Neale it turns out was born in the Year of the Goat ... no kidding?-)
I'm not disputing that Neale has probably tapped into his
"higher self" and had a few good conversations about life and "God".
But would have his books sold as well if he would have titled that first book 'Conversations With My Higher Self', rather than 'Conversations With God'?
I doubt it ... or so my "higher self" tells me:-)
I think Neale's "higher self" probably advised him that
"speaking with God" would get more bang for your buck when it came to selling books and movies and appearing on talk shows.
In 2003, the film Indigo, written by Walsch and James Twyman and directed by Stephen Simon was released.
It chronicled the fictional story of the redemption of a grandfather, played by Walsch, through his granddaughter, who is an
Conversations With God: The Movie opened in U.S. theaters in 2006 on October 27 and in Canada on November 10.
The film was released on DVD in February 2007.
Clips of the film can be found on YouTube.
Other documentaries and TV appearances include:
iGod (2015 film)
Awake in the Dream (2012 film)
Living in Light (video documentary) 2012
3 Magic Words (documentary) 2010
Tapping the Source (documentary) 2010
Follow the Rainbow to Findhorn (video documentary) 2010,
One Giant Leap 2: What About Me? (video documentary) 2008
9am with David & Kim (TV series) 2007 – Episode dated April 6, 2007
I don't recall ever reading any books of NDW's or watching many movies of his above, except for shows that he has been a guest on, like 'The Secret' (and how does Rhonda Byrne get to be #6 in the Top 100?! I'll have to have a word with God about that one;-) and Infinity: The Ultimate Trip – Journey Beyond Death
I guess I'm a bit cynical when it comes to people who want to tell you what "God" told to them to tell to you ... for a price.
God knows that I'm all ears if God wants to have a word with me.
God doesn't need Neale to have a word to me on God's behalf.
Namaste Neale:-)

2 comments:

  1. As always, a fascinating sequence! My two favorite books of the ones you've shown here are Communion and the Mutants and Mystics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may have put this comment on the wrong post Trish:-)

    ReplyDelete