Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 10, 2018

Analysis/Synthesis?

I just finished reading Wayne Dyer's book 'You'll See It When You Believe It' and at the same time I finished watching both seasons of the TV show 'Westworld'.
'Westworld' is a shrink's wet dream I think and while I am a fan of Jung's work, Jungian analysis doesn't interest me all that much (as I find it hard trying to remember my dreams anyway), any more than Freudian analysis does.
I've never gone to a shrink and have never been inclined to want to go to one (can you tell?-)
And while some people may need or want their services, I'm surprised at the reliance Americans seem to place on psychoanalysis.
In the TV series 'Westworld'"Analysis Mode is a state which hosts enter and leave on command. 
Showrunner Lisa Joy likens Analysis Mode in the hosts to the unconscious mind in humans.
While in Character Mode, hosts seem unaware of what has happened while in Analysis Mode."
Analysis Mode in 'Westworld'
I couldn't help comparing the themes in 'Westworld' to what Wayne was writing about in his book.
I think 'You'll See It When You Believe It' is worth a read even though the last chapter titled and about 'Forgiveness' I don't agree with Wayne on.
I get what he is saying, but I don't believe that you have to forgive everyone who has wronged you in your life.
There is no point in stewing about being hurt by someone's actions that have directly or indirectly affected your life, to the determent of your health, but I don't see the benefit of forgiving someone just because someone tells you that you should.
I say let "God" or the universe sort them out for what they have done (or you have perceived them to have done) and why they did it, but why should you forgive them?
Not that you should seek revenge against someone who you perceived has wronged you in life, but I say just file your grievance with the universe and trust that if you have a legit case, that the universe will go into bat for you.
Call it karma, or whatever soothes your soul, but why should you forgive somebody who is clearly not sorry for what they have done?
Anyway, please forgive me for ranting on about my take on forgiveness:-)
While I certainly don't agree with Wayne in everything he wrote in his book, I do like his view on analysis and synthesis that he wrote about in the 'Synchronicity' chapter of his book.
'Westworld'
Wayne writes in 'You'll See It When You Believe It'
"Remember that "analysis" is a violent intellectual act, one which breaks up thought and carves up the universe.
When you have to break something up and look ever more closely at each component part, you are literally using your mind to break up wholes.
It is an act of violence in that it keeps you from seeing the whole, and it keeps you focused on the breaking- up process.
You are doing yourself a large disservice metaphysically by carving up yourself, your relationships, your very life activities, and trying to find the hidden meaning in each individual piece of behavior"
'Westworld'
"Remember that "synthesis" is the opposite of "analysis."
You can shift from analyzing to synthesizing and at the same time shift from intellectual violence to intellectual harmony.
To synthesize means to bring it all together, to see how it fits with the whole.
You can see your behavior and that of everyone else in terms of how it relates to your entire universe.
You can look for ways to bring yourself into a more centered whole, and concomitantly, bring yourself into harmony with all of those who make up the Human Being.
It is almost second nature in our Western culture to analyze, to think only of ourselves and forget about others, and even to break ourselves up into more and more parts - into our personality, emotions, thoughts, form, athleticism, cultural heritage, and so on.
To transcend this intellectual violence which inhibits us from seeing the perfect synchronized whole, we can shift to the process of synthesizing, seeing ourselves as connected to all and a connector as well.
We can stop thinking of how everything affects only ourselves.
Instead, we can shift the perspective to serving others."        
After reading Wayne's book after him having passed away, I purchased his last book written 'I Can See Clearly Now' and look forward to reading it in hindsight of how Wayne's life was lived and turned out.
I was amused to see the total price I had to pay for the book was $23.70:-)
My random seat number at David Byrne's show 
Australia Nudges Switzerland Off Top of Global Median Wealth List?
It seems to be the latest number hitting my eyes at the moment.
237?
And try not to over-analyze this post, OK?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment