Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 11, 2022

The Prince?

The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
My old paperback version of 'The Prince'
Melvyn Bragg discusses the political
 philosopher Niccolo Machiavelli
I've had a paperback version of 'The Prince' sitting on my bookshelf for years largely unread, because I could never get into it, so I recently gave it away to a secondhand bookstore while promising myself to listen to it being read on a free book audio version I found on the net.
It was one of those books you had to read before you die type of books I was told, which I have nearly run out of time to read:-)
Lit2Go audio book
But since I'm currently reading the book
'Windswept House', which I have had on my bookshelf for maybe just as long as I'd had
'The Prince' sitting on my bookshelf, I was struck by the following chapters from the audio version I had just listened to in relation to Malachi Martin's "factional" novel about The Vatican and the 
New World Order he writes about.
Personally, while I do believe in "God" for lack of a better word, I'm not a Roman Catholic, or a religious Jew, and to me The Bible is as much myth as it is fact.
My Nan was a Roman Catholic, as were a lot of my childhood friends and neighbours, so I grew up around their faith, while being an outsider to it.
And as much as I like the rituals of The Church, I don't believe in a literal Jesus, Virgin Mary or the devil/satan/lucifer as a literal entity.
I can appreciate those mythological figures as archetypes, like masculine/feminine attributes of a divine force, and maybe the devil as a representation of "collective human evil", but I don't have any faith in them as literal historical entities any more than say gamblers talking about Lady Luck or as in chapter 25 of 'The Prince' where chance is personified as a king and Fortune is personified as a lady, as is Italy in chapter 26.    
Malachi Martin also often refers to the devil in his novel as
"the dark prince" trying to take over The Vatican, and hence
The World, as far as Malachi is concerned anyway.
That's not to say that I don't believe in evil entities or angelic beings, but most humans who pin their bad deeds on the devil, or demons in my opinion are either mentally sick individuals, or just trying to pass the buck for their own misdeeds onto some mythological being instead of admitting that they are the evil one.
Karma's a bitch, as they say?-)  
Most world religions are just set up to control the flock in my opinion, and there is just as much that I like about them as I loath.
Still, I would rather religious people running the world, or trying to at least, than Communists or Fascists running the world, or trying to at least.
No doubt these are Machiavellian times we are living in ... still.
Windswept House: Jacques Deneuve = Klaus Schwab?

No comments:

Post a Comment