Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 2, 2022

2022: Days Like These?

Cararra Stadium April 24th, 2022
The Stars finally aligned for me and my youngest son on
April 24th, 2022 to go see a Q-Clash game between the Gold Coast Suns and our Brisbane Lions AFL team down at Cararra Stadium 
(AKA Metricon Stadium) for his first time, but my second time.
We had been trying to catch a game down there for a couple of Years, but with Covid and clashes with his work roster things just never worked out for us to go.
On the subject of the stars, my youngest son came into the world the same day as the Brisbane Lions 2021 leading goal kicker 
Cararra Stadium used to be the Brisbane Bears home ground until they merged with the Fitzroy Lions and moved their home ground to the Gabba, and Cararra Stadium is the main stadium featured in the Foo Fighters video for the song 'These Days', as I wrote about recently in this post - 
Cararra Stadium April 24th, 2022
These Days and Black Ol' Secret Suns?
And the last time I went to a Q-Clash round down there was in 2017 when I went down by myself for the first AFLW final, which was played hours before the men's game -
Tripping with Lions/Shamanism and Football?
We had thought about catching the train down;-)
Ironically, the Q-Clash took place on the ANZAC Day weekend, when Australians and New Zealanders remember the fallen.
So there is a minutes silence before the game starts to remember the dead, which made me think of the 'Foo Fighters' late drummer Taylor Hawkins who had passed away less than a month ago and the music video for 'These Days' which featured live shots from their June 2011 Milton Keynes performances, Australian and 
New Zealand tour.
I settled for cheese pizza with Tabasco sauce
And later sweet potato fries and a beer:-)
I paid for our tickets and my son drove us down from Brisbane and back in his car, paid for parking across the road from the stadium and paid for our food at the game, so he probably came off worse financially with that deal.
The great thing about a twilight game is that you get to see the 
sun set ... theoretically, that is
I found it amusing that when the Suns scored a goal a picture of the sun would come up on the scoreboard with an animated football hitting the sun and burning up:-)
I hope to see many more Q-clash games down there with my son ... but tell "God" your plans as they say, right?-)
Brisbane have beaten Sydney 17.11 (113) to 13.11 (89)
I would have loved to have been in Sydney last night to see the Lions beat the Swans, but I watched it live on TV alone at home, as my son had to work:-(
Such is life ... and football.
I was happy to see Buddy pick up some more goals against the Lions to add to his 1000+ goal tally, but the Swans still lose the match:-)
Buddy Franklin Missed Out on Being a Tiger by Just a Couple of Days?

No comments:

Post a Comment