Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 10, 2022

Hellier: Bing, Bing, Bing ... It's Play-School?

There's a Bear in There?
Hellier Season 2: Episode 6 | The Altar
Well, this is another bizarre synchronicity coincidence for me since watching 'Hellier' on the weekend now that I see the news today that the guy who wrote the 'Play School' song 
'There's a Bear in There' has just passed away.
When I was watching the Season 2: Episode 6 of 'Hellier' and Dana kept saying bing, bing, bing ... three notes, my mind kept taking me back to the 'Play School' theme song and the lyrics "O-pen wide ... Come in-side ... It's Play-School" for some reason.
I grew up like many Australians did watching this show, and while I'm not a musician, those three notes Dana kept repeating drew me back to those lyrics from my childhood, for some reason.
Maybe because they kept venturing into caves where in my Australian mind bears hibernate.
"There's a bear in there?"
Spend the Night ... And the Dead?
HELLIER (2019): SEASON 2, EPISODE 6 - FULL TRANSCRIPT
Either way, it's weird to me that I've had that song suck in my head since Dana said "bing, bing, bing" and now I see that the guy who wrote the song dies within a week of me thinking about this song.
Not only that, but I only watched 'Hellier' because I'm reading the novel 'Windswept House' and was trying to find podcasts involving the ex-priest Malachi Martin who wrote the book -
Then I read this about the composer of the song that's been stuck in my head since watching that 
"bing, bing, bing" episode of 'Hellier' -

No comments:

Post a Comment