Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 8, 2022

Poltergeist ... 40 Years On ... and was it "Cursed" or Not?

Episode 33 // The Poltergeist:
The Film That Unleashed a Curse
?
Poltergeist (1982 film)
I was listening to the 33rd episode of Daisy Egan's 
'Strange and Unexplained with Daisy Eagan' podcast this morning (which runs for 33 minutes) and realized that 2022 is the 
40th anniversary of this "cursed" film.
A Deep Dive into Fractals and Synchronicity?
Which team won the Superbowl in 2022?-)
In the podcast episode Daisy tries to argue that the movie wasn't "cursed" by trying very hard to shoot herself in the foot with her evidence of why she believes it is not "cursed".
It's probably not "cursed", but it's hard to argue that there isn't a lot of weird stuff surrounding the movie and the lives of the people involved in making this movie and its sequels.
Daisy Egan is an actor herself, so I guess she has a horse in this "cursed" film race, although when it comes to acting (or life) I prefer to use the word "synchromysticism":-)
Now there is a subject for a future
'Strange and Unexplained with Daisy Eagan' podcast episode I think, where Daisy could argue that there is no such thing to her listening audience:-)
Poltergeists, Apports & the UFO Syndrome
Bad Omens in the Stars of the Stars?
I can't say that I'm familiar with watching any TV shows or movies on
Daisy's IMDB page, but I like how she is proud of her stage work in 'The Secret Garden',as I have written a few posts about that movie on this blog in the past -
237 and the Secret Savage Garden?
And I have just realized after reading that old 
"Secret Savage Garden" post that today is 
Darren Hayes' (the big 50) and Sir David Attenborough's birthdays, which also happens to be Mother's Day today here in Australia.
My mother always brags that Darren Hayes sent her a Christmas card one year before he was famous, as according to her she sent a note to the manager of the menswear store he was working at where my mother shopped for my father's clothes, telling his manager just what a helpful young man he was ... that shop was in the 
Garden City shopping centre in Brisbane by the way:-)
Not that I ever saw the card (which has been lost apparently) or heard that Darren worked at the now defunct McDonald and East at Garden City, so maybe mum has her wires crossed.
Darren Hayes is a Star Wars fan and has been since childhood. 
He also collects Star Wars memorabilia, and he even auditioned for a role in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.
Look Mate (May 8?-), a Dragonfly Just Flew Into My Home?
Darren Stanley Hayes
(
born 8 May 1972
)
Ha, life and art is just so synchromystic ... or coincidental ... take your pick:-)
Daisy Eagan as Samantha Stewart
At least
Daisy got to meet (and act) with Simon Baker, something which has alluded me, as I wrote in my last post:-)
Maybe I'm just cursed?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment