Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 2, 2024

1001 Sherlock Holmes Stories & The Best of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?πŸ“šπŸ”

Over the last few weeks, I've been sidetracked by everything
 Sherlock Holmes, including movies, TV Shows, You Tubes and podcasts about Holmes and his author 
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle -
Great Lives Podcast: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
One of those podcasts I have to give a shout out to is '1001 Sherlock Holmes Stories & The Best of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle' and especially these two episodes below.
SIDELIGHTS ON SHERLOCK HOLMES
 from
ACD'S MEMORIES & ADVENTURES
PULLING UP THE ANCHOR
from
MEMORIES & ADVENTURES
Which made me aware of the autobiography 
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had written, which I then spent over 13 hours listening to (not all at once of course) it being read to me on a free Apple Podcast I found at Frank's Audio (Memories and Adventures by Arthur Conan Doyle).
I can't say that I have become a big Sherlock Holmes fan, but it has been an education on popular culture and the life and beliefs of Sir Arthur.
And I did enjoy watching most of the 1984 TV episodes of 'Sherlock Holmes' starring the late Jeremy Brett on Britbox, who for my money was the best 
Sherlock Holmes I've watched on the screen.
Plus, that TV series was very loyal to ACD's short stories. 
And wouldn't you know it, as soon as I had listened to and watched all of the short stories from 'The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' the book crosses my path?
But I bought it anyway, as it looked so nice in its fake leather book cover. 
At least I can put all those adventures behind me now and move on to the next book I plan to read in my quest to read 1001 books that I must read before I die, 'Diary of a Nobody'.
I think I can relate to that, as it sounds a lot like my blog, don't you think;-)
Well, we all need a hobby, I guess?
Sherlock Holmes & Drug Abuse?πŸ’Š

No comments:

Post a Comment