Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 1, 2024

John Pilger Was Born in and Passed Away in The Year of the Rabbit?πŸ•³πŸ‡

I saw the news this morning (before I went to bed) of the passing of John Pilger, who I met once many years ago at a cinema screening of one of his films.
I think it must have been the screening of his 2007 film 'The War on Democracy', which I bought about the only book of his I could find (A Secret Country) in a city bookshop and asked him to sign it for me on the night. 
I liked John, even though some of his views were a little too far left for my liking.
I see myself as a Centrist when it comes to politics, and don't like the far left any more than I like the far right.
I have owned and read a few other books John wrote, but I gave them away after I had read them.
I only kept A Secret Country because John had signed it for me, not because I thought it was a great book.
And while I'm no fan of the CCP, I am a fan of Chinese culture and found it ironic that for someone like John, who likes going down political rabbit holes, he was born and died in the Year of the Rabbit.
The last film I watched of John's 
was 'The Coming War on China', which I thought was quite good.
Just Bull in a China Shop ... or Not?

No comments:

Post a Comment