Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 10, 2024

Listening Instructional Educational Services or LIES Inc.?πŸ’»πŸ€

I finally made it all the way through the Philip K. Dick novel 'LIES Inc.' last week after nearly giving up on reading it altogether.
Personally, I think Dick should have just let 'The Unteleported Man' be, without throwing the extra 50 pages or so back into the mix for some reason.
I only read it because it was one of the few PKD novels on my local library shelf.
The only other PKD book on the shelf which I haven't read was a book called 'The Man Whose Teeth Were Exactly Alike', which looks like some more boring reading to me.
I think I would rather have dental surgery:-)
'LIES Inc' is as bad as the hosts of the 'Dickheads' podcast suggested it would be, but as they say, and I agree, that this story could be made into a good movie.
DickHeads Podcast Episode #29 - Lies Inc. -
with
D. Harlan Wilson 
 
To be honest, I'm sorry I ever started reading PKD books, so far.
The guy just seems to be a drugged-out looney to me, more than a genius or prophet.
I've never done psychedelics in my life, but was thinking I would at some point when the opportunity presented itself in a good setting, but now after reading Dick's works I'm not so sure that I should bother:-)
I do have 'The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch' ordered from my local library to read next, so that should put me off doing 
psychedelics, if nothing else of Dick's I've read before hasn't already.
I am listening to this You Tube below of 'UBIK' being read to me, since everyone tells me it's one of Dick's better stories, and I've heard it is slated to be made into a film or TV show, after Michel Gondry threw in the towel a few years back.
And after reading 
'LIES Inc' and taking the book back to the library, this latest 'This Jungian Life' podcast episode dropped onto my playlist, so maybe there is a message there for me?-)
Do you really feel compelled
to correct a print novel, mate?
I had a few laughs while reading my library book though, like where some Dickhead who reminded me of Loren Colman's pet peeve of punctuation mistakes driving himself crazy over, was correcting the book with a black pen.
What a f#cking Dickhead! 
And I found this page of the novel amusing featuring Boise, Idaho, as I once contemplated going to Treefort in Boise for a Sync-head get together, but I'm glad I didn't go.
It was the '42 Minute' guys who got me reading PKD in the first place, and one of them lives in Boise, Idaho.
There was a lot of rubbish getting beamed
 into PKD's head from somewhere, I reckon:-)
Newcolonize[a]dland?
And I found some of the names Dick gave places in this novel amusing, like New New York and Newcolonize[a]dland:-)
And having just watched the movie 'The Abyss' I wondered if James Cameron had read 'LIES Inc' before writing the script for that movie, with the "Aquatic Horror Shape" mentioned in Dick's book?-)
Who needs to do
drugs when you have PKD books to do your head in?
What’s The Meaning of Seeing an Owl in Daylight?πŸ¦‰πŸŒž

No comments:

Post a Comment