Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 6, 2024

The Art of Two Kate's in One Day Back in the Past? πŸŽ¨πŸ–ŒπŸŽ­

I just finished reading
Kate Ceberano's book 'Unsung' and what a work of art I thought it was -
Molokai: The Story of Father Damien/The White Lotus?𐩕
On a synchromystic note, I went to the Logan City Council headquarters to pay my rates on the day I went to see Kate Ceberano's book talk, and while I was at the Logan City Council headquarters that day, I popped in to see what was hanging in the Logan City art gallery.
Like I usually do if I'm over that way -
Portrait of Kate Ceberano Wins Archibald Packing Room Prize, Capping Record-breaking Year for Women Artists?
Logan City Council headquarters
While I wouldn't say the first paintings to hit my eye by
Robert Burgess I didn't like, I would have to say that they didn't personally appeal to me. 
But the 
Archibald portraits by artist Jun Chen certainly did.
 Archibald portraits have always fascinated me for some reason -
The Art of Swimming, Big Fish and Keeping Calm?
I wish I could paint like that ... not that I have tried, mind you.
Ironically, it was the paintings I saw that day of Kate Douglas' which made me think that every painting once it is finished is just a representation of the past, even before the paint dries.
My POV at Kate's 
Avid Reader book talk
Of course, even photos are just pictures of the past, as soon as you have pressed the button to take one.

No comments:

Post a Comment