Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 18, 2024

A Red and a Yellow Shining VW Playing Chicken?πŸŽ₯πŸ”πŸ“–

Last Thursday I went down to my son's place to watch the first 3 episodes of the
Netflix 'Boy Swallows Universe' series after having just watched the first of 3 DVD discs of Stephen King's 1997 TV series 'The Shining', which I had never seen before.
My son has read and has every Stephen King novel in two bookcases in his living room and I'd be lucky to have read half a dozen of King's novels, as I'm not a fan, but 'The Shining' is one of the novels I have read, as I'm a big Kubrick fan and wanted to see what the difference was between the novel and the movie and why King hated Kubrick's movie so much.
The 'Post Mortem' of Ghosts and Plagues with Mick Garris?πŸŽ₯πŸ˜·πŸ’€πŸ‘»πŸŽ¬πŸ•³πŸ‡
My son decided to get Brodies chicken for diner that day, so we drove down to the store to get a box of chicken and chips each, and on the way I was telling him that I had watched the first DVD of King's version of 'The Shining' and how Kubrick used a yellow VW in his movie and showed a smashed up red VW on the side of the road in the movie, while King used his red VW from the book in his TV series.
Then as we pulled into the carpark and got out to go into the store a truck passes us carrying what looked to us like a smashed up red VW, then stops to drop the wreck outside the units across the road from Brodies.
I rushed to the curb to snap a photo thinking the truck was going to keep heading up the street, before I realized it was dumping the wreck right across the road.
I looked at my son and said what are the odds after me yapping on to him about the VWs in the great King/Kubrick car rivalry?
My son is a rationalist, but even I could see the WTF(?) look on his face after this happened.
After snapping my photos, we found out the store was closed because of an electrical fault, so we had to drive to another store in Beenleigheight minutes away.
Then today when I go over to his place to watch the last 4 episodes of 'Boy Swallows Universe' and after watching the last two DVDs of King's series, he tells me as we are going to get some Noodle Box for dinner that there is another smashed up red VW on the side of the road.
The red smashed VW golf we saw today
But it was a red VW golf this time.
The red smashed VW golf we saw today
'The Shining' is the only one of King's novels mentioned as one of the 1001 books I must read before I die, so thank God I have read it before and don't have to read any of his other books before I die:-)
And Kubrick's movie kills King's TV series, not to mention the red VW;-)
The Shinings, Coincidence, or Just a Plate of Shrimp?

No comments:

Post a Comment