Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 2, 2024

Squaring the Circle (The Story of Hipgnosis)? ⬛⚫℗

This film
'Squaring the Circle (The Story of Hipgnosis)' about album cover art is one documentary I'd like to see.
92% TOMATOMETER/83% AUDIENCE SCORE?
It features the cover art produced by the late Storm Thorgerson, who I wrote about in this 2013 blog post -
Storm Passes
And who I mentioned in my last blog post -
Dream Scenario?πŸ›ŒπŸ’€πŸ˜΄
As luck ... coincidence/synchronicity ... would have it a guy donated his CD collection to the op shop I volunteer at a few days a week, and in his collection was Powderfinger's 2009 album 'Golden Rule' as well as Bernard Fanning's 'Tea & Sympathy'.
So, I bought those two CDs.
Storm Thorgerson did the artwork for'Golden Rule'
I have a signed copy of 'Tea & Sympathy' on vinyl, but I rarely play records, as they are so much of a hassle when it comes to flipping the other side over.
The Danger Music Playlist?
I prefer CDs to records.
The artwork on 
'Golden Rule' is mind-blowing, I think.
And it kind of reminds me of a bird that started me blogging all those years ago, but maybe I'm just dreaming -
The Bird that Flew into the Window

No comments:

Post a Comment